WLAN Network Engineer
Atlanta, GA or Birmingham, AL
6 months – potential for contract to perm
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US for any employer encouraged to apply
Summary of WLAN Network Engineer:
Provide engineering design, documentation, equipment lifecycle management, and second and third-level technical support for the data, wireless and voice – WLAN network infrastructure for the client and associated subsidiaries. The primary responsibilities for this position will be centralized WLAN implementation and support with some carrier based fixed wireless LTE routers.
General Job Responsibilities for WLAN Network Engineer:
- Responsible for planning, design, development, implementation, provisioning and day-to-day operations for the network infrastructure including Cisco routers, switches, and wireless LAN.
- Responsible for Wireless site surveys, post implementation validation, and interference troubleshooting and resolution.
- Perform end-to-end troubleshooting for data and wireless networks.
- Responsible for development and compliance of engineering standards including documentation, product lifecycle plans, design packages, and implementation.
- Responsible for coordinating service providers and/or contractors performing functions for network projects.
- Responsible for providing support to the affiliate Companies on issues related to network planning, engineering design, and engineering consulting.
- Central support for LTE router installation issues associated with activation, provisioning, automation process, and hardware.
- Troubleshoot LTE router issues (GE Orbit, Cisco 819) such as cell connectivity, hardware, certificates, and firewall requests.
- Manual provisioning of LTE routers prior to shipment to the field.
Job Requirements for WLAN Network Engineer:
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications systems such as fixed data, WLANs, voice and data network systems including IP addressing and naming (DNS, DHCP, and WINS), Web and proxy, Internet, Firewalls, Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), and Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Experience with Cisco CLI command structure
- Knowledge of End-to-end QOS across a Cisco LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Experience supporting WAN technologies such as OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
- Experience with Ekahau Pro and Sidekick or equivalent tools
- Working knowledge of Cisco Prime, ISE and DNA Center a plus
- Experience in implementation/support of Cisco switches, routers, & wireless controllers
- Some experience in Palo Alto firewall administration
- Demonstrated personal computer skills (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be available for callout (rotation) and occasional after-hours work (maintenance)
- Some overnight travel may be required (<5%)
Competencies for the WLAN Network Engineer:
- Self-motivated with ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to build relationships, to communicate and work with all levels of management, vendors, and other groups and exhibit positive influence at all levels.
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to embrace, influence, and lead change.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Wireless or Electrical Engineering (preferred); Computer Science, MIS, or technical degree in Computer Science or related technology is acceptable.
Network Experience with Cisco Routing/Switching/WLAN
Cisco certifications are a plus
Is a degree required? Yes
What are the must-have skills?
Enterprise Wireless Network experience, network troubleshooting, CLI experience, ability to pass extensive background & drug tests
What are the nice to have skills?
Cisco Prime, ISE, DNA experience; Wireless/RF/WLAN, telecommunications networks
What does the day to day look like?
Implementing network lifecycle projects (data, wireless, voice), central troubleshooting & support for network issues by working with other business units & field techs to resolve issues that impact performance, document and continuously improve processes to standardize and streamline work practices
How will the contractor be using their technical skills?
Provisioning network equipment, troubleshooting complex enterprise networks, and developing/implementing automation tools to improve network reliability and business practices
Is telecommuting an option?
Yes, especially during the pandemic. We currently expect limited onsite work post pandemic unless worker prefers working in the office.
Is travel required?
Across town regularly. Out of town or overnight rare
What is your anticipated hire date?
Mid to late November
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed