Windows Systems Engineer
Contract to Perm
Remote through Covid 100%, then remote 3 days a week
Main skills in order of importance: *1. Exchange (online), 2. System Administration (mostly on-prem, but working to move more to Azure), 3. Citrix, 4. VmWare, 5. UCS hardware, 6. Storage (SAN). 70% systems and 30% cyber security
The Senior System Administrator plans, designs, configures, implements and manages systems and secures servers in highly available configurations across geographically diverse locations. The role collaborates with network and security administrators to ensure compatibility and operability to meet business expectations for performance, availability and strong security. The Senior System Administrator must have strong knowledge of security and security principles. Ideal candidate will manage day-to-day technical team task, provide guidance and ensure alignment with cyber security and architecture design. Position reports to the Director IT Solutions and Support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· System cyber security hardening and adherence to cyber security principles required for internet facing ERO Enterprise applications. Applications and Set up, configure, and manage server hardware and operating systems; install, configure, manage, and maintain software; and, research, acquire, test, and install updates as recommended by the manufacturer. Create and maintain technical documentation.
§ Monitor systems against unauthorized activity and access
§ Adherence to cyber security policies and process (e.g., NIST 800-171 framework)
§ Configuration and use of system security tools (e.g., anti-virus, anti-malware, umbrella, etc.)
§ Identifying threats and creating mitigation steps to defend against them
§ Designing, and implementing cyber security system logical group policies
§ Responding to vulnerability scanning and creating steps to mitigate findings
§ Working closely with cyber security team, network and other system administrators to adhere to cyber security framework
Other Duties and Responsibilities
§ Exchange mail servers and software M365, Exchange Online
o Strong knowledge of cyber security principles required to protect, monitor and ensure email is secure
o Create and manage individual mail boxes per policy; monitor adherence to policy and report deviations to management
o Back up mail store; document and test restoration procedures on a routine basis. Restore individual mail boxes as required
§ Active Directory servers, software, and services
o Establish and manage DHCP/DNS configurations
o Manage Group Policy development and deployment
o Configure, update, and maintain log scripts
§ Web servers and software
o Manage IIS 7.0 – 8.5 server, clusters and services across multiple sites and domains
o Create new web sites, establish virtual directories, and set up DFS and NTFS shares
o Install and manage application delivery controller, web proxy server, software, and services
o Install and test custom.NET applications across multiple sites, segments, and domains
§ Storage Area Network
o Specify, provision, and install hardware and software
o Create and manage data partitions per design specifications
o Monitor usage and prepare reports for management review
· Configure, update, and monitor antivirus/malware software and services
· Acquire, configure, deploy, and maintain controls to meet documented information security requirements, and monitor to ensure effectiveness.
§ Participate in security risk assessment activities and assist information security personnel to prepare for and execute security audits
§ Work with 3rd party vendors to monitor and respond to security incidents
§ Implement and manage controls for user and system account management, access control, and acceptable use
· Assist in the preparation and testing of disaster recovery and business continuity plans
• Be familiar with and adhere to Information Technology Security Policies and procedures.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related area from an accredited college or university
· 8 to 10 years of systems administration experience in an enterprise environment
· Expert knowledge of the following technologies:
§ Microsoft Active Directory 2008 R2 2012 R2 and 2016/2019 and ADFS
§ Exchange 2013, 2016, and O365, Exchange online and Active Sync
§ IIS 7.0 – 10.0, VmWare, Cisco UCS systems
§ PowerShell and VBS Scripting
§ Strong knowledge of Citrix
§ System monitoring tools (e.g. Microsoft Operations Manager)
§ System management tools (e.g. SCCM, InTune)
§ System backup (CommVault)
§ Intermediate Linux administration skills (Ubuntu / CentOS)
· Experience using and administering Internal and External DNS, Group Policy, Domain trust relationships, ADFS
· Strong experience with Microsoft Azure based services (VM’s, Storage, Azure AD)
· Considerable knowledge of disaster recovery principles and methods
· Dependable, energetic, and detail-oriented
· Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to multitask and task switch as needed
· Background check will be conducted prior to employment.
· In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
· Participation in 24×7 on call rotation required.
· Some Travel necessary – very minimal
· This position has been classified as exempt.
· Job is located in Atlanta, Georgia.
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed