Windows Systems Administrators – 3rd shift
Remote in GA, AL, MS, TX or IL
1-3 year contract
4 days per week, Thursday – Sunday doing 10hr shifts
Person 1: 7pm – 5am
Person 2: 9pm – 7am
This position is responsible for engineering, implementing, and supporting Windows server hardware platforms, Windows operating systems and related system software such as Active Directory, OSD, DFS, Microsoft Clustering, Hyper-V, etc. This is a 7x24x365 support organization and some after-hours work is required.
What are the must-have skills? Proficient with OS patching of Windows servers, building physical/virtual servers, mitigating security vulnerabilities, and general Windows server system administration. Must be a self starter and have high initiative. Requires high level of written communication with the team. Highly organized and task driven.
What are the nice to have skills? Experience with Ivanti patching tool. Remedy change management. Experience with AD, OSD, VMware, DFS, Microsoft clustering, geoclustering, Hyper-V.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or MIS is desired or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience and knowledge of Windows server hardware platforms and other components (CPU, clusters, storage area networks, disk and tape arrays.)
- Strong experience and knowledge of Windows server operating systems
- Strong experience and knowledge of Dell hardware
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DFS, WINS, DNS, DHCP
- Demonstrated knowledge of scripting for automation, PowerShell is a plus
- Basic knowledge of security policies
- Ability to provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Operating Systems on virtual and physical platforms
- General knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies)
- Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
- High initiative
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others – internally as well as vendors
- Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere as well as work independently
- Ability to provide and accept feedback
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of how their activities impact function budget
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering, installation and maintenance of Windows server hardware and operating systems.
- Engineering, installation and maintenance of system software.
- Provide second-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT.
- Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management.
- Provide full life-cycle management for servers and system software.
- Diagnose and resolve problems to meet service level expectations.
- Participate in departmental initiatives.
- Communicate progress, problems and best practices to management, leads and teammates.
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed