JOB TITLE: Window Server Administrator
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL (70% remote, and partial onsite)
DURATION: 1–3-year contract
CLIENT: Energy & Utility Sector
The Windows Administrator will manage and perform support activities for Windows Server operating systems and various agents and products related to the commissioning and decommissioning of physical and virtual servers.
The Windows Administrator will be a member of the Infrastructure Team, ensuring the reliability and availability of Windows Servers.
- Install and configure physical and virtual Windows servers.
- Configure server roles and features including domain controllers.
- Maintain passwords and required server agents.
- Ensure servers are configured properly within active directory.
- Maintain security groups and remote access to the servers.
- Provide support for application issues related to the Windows operating system.
- Ensure monitoring of and troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Configure and manage compute, memory, and storage resources within the OS.
- Manage file shares, including DFS, for maximum availability.
- Assist with administration of the active directory.
- Ensure servers are running on a vendor supported OS (lifecycle administration).
- Assist with administration of Dell Open Manage Enterprise to perform firmware upgrades and monitoring of Windows servers.
- Assist hardware administrator with implementation, maintenance, and support of server hardware to ensure compatibility, availability, and reliability of the server.
- Provide secondary support role for Windows systems patch administration.
Experience & Education:
- Prefer candidate with BS degree in Information Systems or like degree.
- Current Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Experience working supporting 100+ Windows Server environment implemented at multiple locations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good organizational skills.
- Minimum 3 or more years of Windows server operating systems administration.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows active directory and domain administration.
- Strong Windows Server troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge and experience with PowerShell.
- Knowledge and experience patching Windows systems.
- Knowledge of VMware server virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Ivanti patching products and Microsoft SCCM preferred.
- Prefer experience automating deployment of Windows Server.
- Knowledge and experience with network configuration on Windows servers.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with Dell Open Manage Essentials.
- Knowledge and experience of security practices and configuration of Windows server.
- Knowledge of iDRAC configuration and troubleshooting preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of networking technologies.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
For immediate consideration – please send resume to Denise Wicks at email button below or call 770-346-7205
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed