LOCATION: Atlanta, GA (100% remote to begin with)
DURATION: 6 Month Contract-to-Hire
POSITION TITLE: Systems Administrator
CLIENT: Fortune 500 Digital Media/Communications
** Must be able to willing and able work a rotational 24×7 schedule including weekends
The Systems Administrator (SA) reports to the DOC (Digital Operations Center) Manager and provides operational services for the digital platforms supporting The DOC oversees the 24x7x365 stability, integrity, and efficient operation of large-scale digital platforms. The platforms deliver content and services, which includes web, video, messaging, and applications to various technologies (i.e. mobile devices, computers, etc.). The SA responsibilities include the facilitation of detection, triage, correction, escalation and documentation of major and critical events. The Systems Administrator will also ensure that Service Level Targets are met when managing incidents and service requests, trending recurring events and incidents to initiate problem investigations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Monitor all production systems for quality and performance ensuring that any failures or critical issues are addressed immediately.
– Perform in-depth analysis of recurring incidents to initiate a Problem report. Then work with the Problem Management team to assist in further investigation, resolution identification and implementation efforts.
– Ensure that Knowledge (i.e. processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides, etc.) are developed and maintained for the team.
– Collaborate with other groups to set standards and document production configurations.
– Recommend policies and procedures to be used to support the Digital Services environment.
– Daily monitoring of the ticket queue, performing analysis of problems across multiple systems and groups.
– Improve performance and scalability within operations support environments by researching, evaluating and recommending new technology products and services
– Continuously updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, open source user groups, reading professional publications and white papers. Stays abreast of current and cutting edge Internet operations best practices, establishes personal professional network
– Support scheduled installations/upgrades and maintenance in accordance with established IT policies and procedures and business requirements.
– Works closely with business owners on change and maintenance windows/requests
– Must be able to mentor and train peers on architecture best practices and operations related issues
– Provides guidance to team members in the day-to-day support of the Digital Products, Services and Infrastructure management.
– Implement or develop automation, monitoring, reporting or systems administration tooling to improve efficiency and effectiveness of DOC support and client service reliability.
– Must be able to support on-call duties as needed
Required Work Experience:
– Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent practical work experience.
– 4+ years of experience within a media or internet technology operations environment with production support experience in a Linux/Unix and Windows environment
– Internet application support experience within open source platform environments.
– Technical experience in server administration, client service, user authentication, configuration management tools, internal & external monitoring tools, networking troubleshooting and concepts and shell scripting.
– Experience and support of container based environments based on Kubernetes, Docker and other container orchestration solutions.
– Technical and problem solving skills in multiple flavors of Linux/Unix such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS, SmartOS, X-86 Solaris and etc.
– Should be knowledgeable in configuration management, automation, orchestration systems (e.g. Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, etc)
– Must possess collaboration skills, have a passion for lean processes, should be innovative, creative, quick thinker, fast learner, and a team player with a strong customer service focus
– Troubleshoots problems quickly and effectively
Preferred Work Experience:
– Experience in an application, operations or support center is beneficial
– Familiarity with Internet security best practices and risk management elements.
– Experience with private/public IaaS or SaaS cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Rackspace leveraging EC2, S3 or other services up to and including Terraform and/or AWS CloudFormation
– Knowledgeable regarding emerging technologies in the digital media marketplace
– Solid VMware (ESX), KVM, or Xen experience and general virtualization best practices.
– Self-motivated, goal oriented and meticulous individual, who can adhere to departmental processes and procedures and able to work with minimal supervision.
– Able to multi-task and manage changing and possibly conflicting priorities to meet demands of internal and external customers.
– Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and writing) skills, process-oriented.
– Must be able to communicate effectively with management, multiple business units and product development teams
– Works well with others in an integrated team environment
– Verifiable background supporting Development teams and build, test and release platforms and processes within a DevOps environment/framework.
– Strong technical knowledge of the complete inter-workings between hardware, applications, networking and users experiences.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed