Tibco Spotfire Report Writer
24 Month Contract | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, one of the nation’s premier transportation companies, has engaged us in a search for a Tibco Spotfire Developer. The developer will be an energetic problem solver with proficiency in Tibco Spotfire and SQL. This applicant must be highly motivated to meet project deadlines and technology challenges. Our client’s Information Technology Department is searching for a qualified candidate to join a dynamic development team working on a project to support business intelligence on train control systems.
Tibco Spotfire / SQL Developer Background and Scope
- Develop and Support our client’s advanced Business Intelligence system
- Create reports, dashboards, visualizations, schedule jobs, monitor system
- Develop operational dashboards to monitor Train Control KPI’s
- Develop reports using TIBCO Spotfire and automate daily email reports to business partners
- Provide insight into industry best practices on enterprise use of Spotfire
- Analyze existing data model to make recommendations for improvements (if any)
- Define and create metadata to be used for future report development
- Analyze and resolve technical issues independently
- On-call support
Tibco Spotfire / SQL Developer Requirements
- 5+ years of experience and expertise in TIBCO Spotfire analysis, design, and development
- Strong experience in all aspects of working with TIBCO Spotfire including Information Links
- Strong SQL skills on large scale databases
- 2+ years of Data Modeling / Architecture experience in Hadoop Hive / Impala required and Cassandra desired
- 2+ years as a hands-on application DBA in Hadoop Hive / Impala required and Cassandra desired
- Exhibit strong data analysis skills and ability to understand data models
- Experience converting reports from MS Excel, MS Access, SSRS desired
- Presentation layer experience (front end)
- Strong reporting and dashboarding experience
- Database experience on Hadoop Hive / Impala, Cassandra, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, and Oracle desired
- Development experience in Java and python is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root causes and resolve issues
- Self-motivated; Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong collaboration skills, team oriented and ability to work in agile development environment.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and Drug Screen
- Local Candidates strongly preferred
- Must be available to handle on-call duties when required
- Must be authorized to work for any US Employer without sponsorship
About Our Client
Our client is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. They operate approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Our client operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal, automotive, and industrial products.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed