Title: Android Device Test Engineer
Contract: 12 Month Anticipated Duration (extension possibility)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Seeking candidate with experience in manual and automated testing of Android/Linux based devices. Candidates should also be comfortable discussing different problem solving approaches and adopting best practices.
- Flashing partner builds for testing.
- Configuring internal tools to create different test scenarios.
- Capturing logs, screenshots, and videos for debugging, analysis, and evidence collection.
- Comparing various partner developed applications against requirements checklist.
- Creation of tests plans, test strategy, running tests, implementing build and test infrastructure, test automation, enforcing good engineering practices by the team.
- Program Management experience (i.e. timelines, milestones, deadlines, communicating with stakeholders/partners for test results, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science. 4-7 years of related professional experience.
- Have a solid understanding of how to use the Android engineering system and test infrastructure.
- Be capable of dealing with test environment configurations and management.
- Be able to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and put creative thought into designing and implementing test strategies for all aspects of internal apps.
- Experience with flashing device builds and side loading applications on Android devices in test environments.
- Experience with Android tools (adb, aapt, logcat, fastboot, bugreport, etc.) on Linux, and collecting/analyzing debug logs for root cause identification.
- Experience executing test plans and test cases and organizing output into clear concise reports.
- Experience with tradefed and Android CTS/GTS test suites execution and test fail evaluation.
- Able to read, modify, and create Linux shell scripts for simple automation development.
- Can capture data, import to spreadsheet, and pivot data for ad-hoc manual and automated reports.
- Proven root cause, characterization, and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with Android Enterprise solutions such as Zero-Touch and EMM.
- Familiar with making debug Android builds and modifying .mk files.
- Experience with Android device build approval
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed