Technical Writer III
NYC, NY (remote start, preference to local candidates)
12+ month contract (potential to extend, benefits offered)
*Writing portfolio/samples required for further consideration
- Our team is a developer infrastructure team that provides solutions for internal developers. In this role, the tech writer would:
- Provide the technical writing to ensure developer infrastructure products and services are robustly documented.
- Document the infrastructure landscape (applications, developer tools, etc.), as well as more operational guides like playbooks and training materials.
- Write, edit, and properly position documentation about our developer environment.
- Work with engineers and Program Managers to understand workflows and identify prioritization for doc needs.
- Facilitate, edit, and curate documentation produced by engineers, and establish processes to bootstrap engineers to create docs.
- Design information architecture for complex documentation sets.
- Publish in a variety of media and tools, including raw HTML, Markdown, Javadoc, and g3doc.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Obtain requirements from engineers, developers, and program managers
- Prepare a draft / proto-type of the documentation to be reviewed
- Create a change list as part of g3docs and have it reviewed and submitted
- At least 5 years of experience in technical writing and information architecture such as codelabs / dev facing documentation / migration documents / client libraries
- Strong communication skills in presenting to diverse audiences (engineers, senior leadership, product managers, program managers, developers, business users, etc.)
- Strong record of independence and success in technical writing, including skills like overseeing a set of documents in multiple formats, establishing writing goals and standards, and fostering a single voice to establish brand.
- Willingness to dig into details
- Know how to present information at various levels when called for (deep dives but also can give the 25,000 foot view when needed)
- Solid researcher who is naturally inquisitive in nature
- Background in problem solving and innovation.
If interested in learning more or applying to this position please visit: https://creative.synergishr.com/jobs/
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com/) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative/Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed