Job Title: Technical Release Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 6 + Month Contract (with the possibility of extension or conversion)
As a Technical Release Manager, you are in a critical, hands-on, leadership position within the operations. The Technical Release Manager will interact closely with the software and infrastructure delivery streams, Operations, and management teams. This role is also the point person for communicating release information outside of the delivery streams. The Technical Release Manager will significantly contribute to the evolution and scale of our release process steps, minimize planned down time, and continue to deliver value to our customers as efficiently and as seamlessly as possible. The right candidate will have strong hands-on release experience in a fast-paced software or systems development environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the end-to-end pipeline process – for multiple, weekly planned releases, and unplanned hotfix releases.
- Drive the end-to-end pipeline process for infrastructure, DR, and configuration deployments.
- Proactively identify technical or process improvement opportunities, and partner with delivery teams or integration stakeholders to implement them.
- Represent release priorities and align team members through rapid changes.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues within the delivery teams and to Stakeholders.
- Maintain a focus on high risk changes going out in a release, and steps taken to mitigate them.
- Continuously improve the automation release processes and strengthen the definition of release readiness.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years in release management
- Development experience: Have worked with Java, Python, Ruby, Go, PHP
- Development with ansible, puppet, or pearl script (a plus)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools (GitHub Actions, GitLab, Jenkins/Hudson, Rundeck, Travis, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with fast and agile release cycles.
- Above average ability to multi-task and keep multiple threads in progress simultaneously.
- Above average ability to exercise flexibility to quickly change priorities when needed.
- Sufficient level of technical aptitude to effectively communicate with Engineers and draw attention to technical risks or challenges. Understand how code is built and constructed into a CI/CD pipeline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively communicates within Engineering as well as with non-technical teams.
- Able to adjust communication style to communicate with individual Engineers as well as C-level leaders.
- Keeps calm under pressure, maintaining a disciplined approach to communication even in urgent situations.
- Has developed successful strategies for influencing and motivating others
- Thrives when given an opportunity to build something from scratch
- Able to focus on the trees, while still considering the forest
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is ideal.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Email Marisa at: email@example.com for more details!
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed