Technical Project Manager – Office 365 / Cloud
8 to 12 Month Contract | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Technical Project Manager with specific expertise in Office 365 migrations and on-prem to Cloud migrations. The selected candidate will play a key role supporting multiple global enterprise initiatives in their move to Office 365, and as well as other technical migration initiatives (cloud, SDWAN, etc.) This job functions in a fast-paced environment that has a tremendous impact on the success of the company. It’s an exciting multi-faceted opportunity for candidates who are highly motivated to succeed, fast learners, influential, passionate about solving problems with a “get it done” mentality.
Technical Project Manager Background and Scope
- Gaining knowledge about Platforms and Product offerings across the business
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team of stakeholders such as Senior Technical Leaders, System Architects, and Operations teams
- Provide overall direction, guidance, and definition of the enterprise’s technical architecture to effectively support the Corporate and Divisional Business Units Strategies.
- Understand the inter-dependencies of the platforms, features, and the impact of changes
- Mentor and coach team members on best practices, lean thinking, and continuous improvement
- Active participation in technical problem analysis and resolution
- Lead the organization in the evaluation and identification of enterprise system specifications utilizing industry best practices and proper use of technology and applications architecture
- Perform analysis on results and use data to derive conclusions.
- Communicate analysis to key stakeholders using a clear approach and recommendation of valid solutions
Technical Project Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Engineering (strongly preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of technical project management experience in a global, complex environment
- Experience managing global migrations of:
- Office 365
- On-Prem to Cloud (AWS/Azure/Oracle Cloud)
- Experience with MS Project or similar tool set (Clarity, etc.…)
- Customer facing project management and team leadership experience is required
- Proven experience in IT resource management, including capacity planning across multiple programs
- Strong communication skills
- Focus on metrics relevant to business growth and providing value to our customers
- Ability to perform structured qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Attention to detail and superior organization skills
- An ability to build relationships in all levels of the organization
- A Lean strategic thinker who values partnerships based on trust, sustainable throughput of value, innovation, and relentless improvement
- An open mind to learn and adapt to improving the team every day
Technical Project Manager Preferred:
- PMP certification preferred
- Program Management (PMI) skills, preferred
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Project Server preferred
Technical Project Manager Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Onsite in a business casual environment, with some option for remote / flex time
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client does more than just connect producers to retailers, food service providers, and consumers. Their comprehensive services culminate from almost 120 years of delivering value and innovation – and from leading the temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics industry with the solutions their customers need.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed