- Job Title: Sr Systems Engineer Windows Server
- Duration: 12 months
Local candidates only.
Willing to consider remote for candidates with strong skills (Windows Server administration, strong Powershell Scripting, and Puppet Experience )
Participation in back-end operational duties, including management of existing and deploying new Windows Server systems, monthly patching, backup / restores, inventory, troubleshooting issues, performance, capacity, defining disaster recovery plans, establish procedures and documentation. Provide overall support, monitoring, reporting , GPOs, tooling and automation of the Windows server platform and related Windows Based Enterprise Services like DHCP, DNS, RDS.
Assist with development of Powershell scripts to automate and improve patching, using Puppet for configuration and deployment processes. Build great tools for Self-Help and Infrastructure Automation to reduce the ticket workload for Lower Tier Support and speed up user ticket resolution. Work closely with Helpdesk and Regional IT to see how we can help reduce or automate the ticket count for the Windows services. Participation in client-end operational duties related to the Services supported by the team.
Knowledge sharing, conducting training or mentoring as needed to the team. Deliver improvements to source code management, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit. Meet the Work collaboratively with peers in the Compute team on virtualization and cross-platform interoperability tasks.
Collaborate with the extended Core Bangalore Team, and be available to work with Global Helpdesk, Regional IT and others teams in the event of critical outages. 90% Operations work and Automation focused with a 10% focus on Project Work.
- 5 years of experience with Powershell
- 3 years of experience with Puppet
- 6 years of experience with Windows Servers
- 6+ years in IT, 5+ specifically related to management of Windows Server systems hosted in a virtual environment and Azure
- 6+ years supporting DNS, DHCP, RDS, WSUS and other Windows Services
- 4+ years strong scripting in PowerShell . Puppet and DSC experience will be a plus
- Experience supporting Windows server 2012, 2016, 2019 systems in an environment with Windows, Mac and Linux clients.
- Experience in core protocols such as TCP/IP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, DNS, OSI Layer, networking concepts, VLANs, Firewall, ACLs and Load-balancers.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting n-tier applications utilizing a least privilege model, JIT access,
- Work with business units to translate needs into technical requirements to design, implement, and support applications utilizing recommended best practices.
- Experience with Windows 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Experience with VMware ESX 6.0
- Experience with authoring custom PowerShell cmdlets and modules, PowerShell best practices, and Desired State Configuration (DSC) . Puppet is desired.
- Experience participating in IT compliance audits (PCI, SOX, etc)
- Experience working in Azure
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed