Senior Software Engineer
6+ month contract with potential to convert to perm (full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered)
Remote Start – Must be local to Atlanta, GA
Our team focuses on defining the future for transportation fleets. We are looking for engineers to help build that future by providing a fleet management platform and service marketplace to help our customers to keep their vehicles on the road. Our platform has Scala on the backend, React/Redux on the front end, and a mix of REST and GraphQL APIs. The entire system is composed as a microservices architecture running on AWS.
About You As a backend engineer: you enjoy diving deep into technical details to create performant, distributed systems which reliably perform to business expectations. You strive to create elegant solutions which are composed of simple components.
- Design, implement, and maintain systems which are responsible for the fleet management, marketplace and platform
- Create software which fully considers all aspects of performance, security, reliability, and monitoring in a multi-tenant SaaS platform
- Document and communicate the design of the systems you produce so that other team members can rapidly understand the trade-offs and functioning of the system
- Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum team which uses ceremonies such as daily standup, sprint planning, and retrospectives to conduct development
- Coordinate with product management to estimate, refine, and plan the product roadmap for upcoming features and functionality
- Use test driven development techniques which allow the team to be assured the software being developed is correct
- Instrument and monitor software produced to ensure it is performing to expectations. Plan and implement changes to the software when it falls outside of performance expectations.
- Collaborate with data science teams to incorporate models which allow fleet operators to make de-fleeting and cost decisions
- Integrate our software with internal and external systems which increase the business value to our fleet customers
- Diagnose, triage, and resolve production defects in the software our team maintains
- Create GraphQL and RESTful APIs for frontend teams and external partners to access data and perform operations on the system
- Keep up-to-date status of items in our issue tracking software
- Mentor junior team members in debugging, testing strategies, design and achieving on-time delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years in developing software which runs on the JVM, with a strong preference for Scala
- Track record of designing, implementing, and bringing to production systems in a multi-tenant, cloud based SaaS platform
- In-depth knowledge of how to design and optimize access of relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Development of software which runs on and integrates in the Cloud with a preference for AWS technologies such as ECS, SQS, and RDS
- Creation of containerized solutions which can be run with Docker
- Development of software which interacts with messaging systems such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kafka
- Creation of APIs using GraphQL and RESTful techniques
- Experience in creating new infrastructure with tools like Terraform
- Use of distributed version control software such as Git
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
If interested, please email Marisa Wahnschaff at email@example.com or apply directly through our website.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed