Position: Sr. Quality Engineer – Data
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Duration: 3+ Month Contract
Our client in Santa Monica (one of the most well-known brands in the world) is looking for a Data Engineer to join a vibrant team ready for action! The right person for the job will be someone that is a great team player and can work well with others, but ALSO values autonomy and can drive initiatives forward at times without daily instruction.
What will you do?
· Design and develop test strategies and test plans to validate our data integration processes and
reporting. Document results against those plans/test scripts.
· Participate in planning and development of our test automation harness
· Create automated tests for new and existing data processes and reports
· Validate source to target mappings using a variety of tools
· Conduct thorough testing of ETL code changes to ensure quality of data produced & perform
appropriate root cause analysis
· Conduct testing across all layers of data platform (data lakes and databases).
· Conduct testing working towards creating a process/framework for QE and Data Governance to
ensure thorough, consistent, & repeatable testing practices.
· Conduct various types of testing including Unit testing, Functional testing, Integration testing,
Regression testing, Performance testing, post production testing.
· Coach engineering team on best practices and adherence to established QE framework.
· Strive to increase efficiency in testing including automating QE tasks where possible.
· Use professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code
reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Implement Data quality and accuracy metrics and measurement
· 7+ years of professional work experience working with and testing very large databases
· 5+ years hands-on experience with SQL
· 5+ years of experience in testing ETL/data pipelines
· 1+ years of experience creating automated tests for ETL/data pipelines
· 1+ years of experience in scripting languages such as Python
· Cloud solution implementation experience with AWS preferred
· Proven experience in/with data warehouse testing
· Experience working with relational and dimensional data models
· Experience implementing best-in-class testing processes, test tools and best practices for
· Experience with ETL tools like Informatica, Talend
· Experience with reporting and analytics tools like OBIEE, Tableau and Alteryx
· Experience working in a CI/CD framework
· Ability to utilize computational skills to identify data quality and integration issues
· Excellent communication, organization, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving
· Experience with data (Data warehousing, big data, data integration, reporting and visualization)
For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume to Vanessa at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed