Sr. Project Manager
18+ month contract (full benefits offered)
Remote/On-Site in Rosemead in future
Sr. Project Manager Overview:
- Provides project management oversight and direction to project teams to ensure solution and service delivery of initiatives within the IT Enterprise Portfolio.
- Directs project planning (scope, schedule, and budget), project initiation, project execution, and project closure by adhering to IT standards and processes.
- Experience in working in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good experience of using Microsoft products
- Partners and collaborates with multiple stakeholders at various levels of management including IT vendors, Telecom, Cybersecurity, Change & Release Management, Service Management, Operations, Finance, Supply Management, and clients.
- Understanding of Stakeholder determination and engagement models.
- Aligns multiple stakeholders to assess performance against project plans, issue resolution, and escalation; effectively communicates with all levels of management.
Core Project Management:
- Manages all stages of the systems development life cycle, including analysis, estimation, design, evaluation, demonstration, construction, testing, implementation, and post-implementation support through warranty period.
- Understanding the V-Model of waterfall method.
- Ensures project outcomes satisfy requirements and quality targets.
- Monitors, measures and reports on project progress to management and clients.
- Leads forecasting, financial management, change management, risk management, and project tracking and controls for assigned projects.
- Management of tight and challenging project schedules.
- Understanding of Earned Value (EV), Planned Value (PV), Schedule Variance (SV), Cost Variance (CV), Schedule Performance Index (SPI).
Sr. Project Manager Responisibilities:
Project Cost Management:
- Manages project schedule and budget including cost plans, invoices, unit estimates, and work orders; develop 90% confidence in project estimates.
- Maintains project financials and ongoing project status in SAP and IT’s project management tool.
- Understanding of Actual Cost (AC), Cost Variance (CV), Cost performance Index (CPI), To-Complete Performance Index (TCPI).
- Manages project dependencies including Change and Release management.
- Responsible for capacity planning, forecasting, and balancing of people resources across the business units, IT, and suppliers.
Project Risk Management:
- Proactively and independently manages project risks and issues against project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Utilizes project controls to ensure quality delivery of key project artifacts, including monitoring of quality and project performance metrics.
- Understanding of Qualitative and Quantitative risk management methodologies.
Project Communication Management:
- Conducts and participates in regularly scheduled project team meetings and Sponsor updates to provide general status on project deliverables, milestones and overall project work.
- Timely updating of status reporting and communications across stakeholder groups. Objectivity and brevity of communication of expected.
Agile Project Experience:
- Experience in managing projects in Agile setting.
- Understanding of Sprints, Minimum Viable Products and Kanban boards.
- Experience in estimation using story points. Understanding of control charts, burn down and burn up charts.
- Understanding of Agile principles and processes.
Sr. Project Manager Required Skills:
- Education Requirement: Master's Degree. Or Bachelor's in Information Technology (or related specialized field) and an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading projects or key business initiatives
- 3 years demonstrated experience managing successful implementation of projects against scope, schedule and budget.
- 3 years of experience managing project quality, including quality assurance, metrics and quality controls.
- 2 years of professional work experience managing suppliers, service contracts, project metrics, and contracts to meet project objectives.
- Performs project and program planning (scope, schedule, and budget), analysis, estimation, design, evaluation, demonstration, construction, and implementation.
- Ensures outcomes that satisfy requirements and quality targets, for large and/or complex programs and/or projects with medium to high technical complexity, typically across multiple business functions.
Project Reporting and Administration:
- As the PM responsible for direct monitoring of assigned projects including the measuring and reporting on program/project progress to management and customers.
- Forecasts efforts and budget, risk management, and project tracking and controls for assigned projects/programs, and integrates with OU change management as needed
- As it relates to assigned projects will partners and collaborate with other IT functions such as Enterprise Architecture, Cyber Security, Service Management and within Delivery.
- Consults with, and presents to, executives and senior managers, business process owners, and key stakeholders.
Sr. Project Manager Preferred Skills/Attributes:
- PMP Certification, PMI-ACP or Scaled Agile Framework or CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
- Preferably certified in Agile (PMI-ACP) and experience with usage of UMT360, JIRA and Confluence.
- 7 years of experience working in Information Technology for an electric utility
- 5 years of experience managing project quality, including quality assurance, metrics and quality controls.
- 5 years of professional work experience managing suppliers, service contracts, project metrics, and contracts to meet project objectives.
- 2 years of IT portfolio and customer relationship management experience.
- 2 years of experience managing Cybersecurity projects
- Familiarity with Utility industry and NERC CIP programs
- Experience with IAM solution deployments
- Effective Communications skills – demonstrated experience developing and delivering presentations to all levels of staff including management and executive leadership
- Matrix management – ability to achieve desired actions and outcomes through negotiation and influence
- Ability to make effective decisions that meet business needs while minimizing risk and operating within company policies and all levels of regulations.
- Servant leadership style
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed