Sr Microsoft Systems Admin / Team Lead
Contract to Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Active Directory Systems Administrator to join their growing team! The Senior AD Systems Admin will require a leadership mindset, as they will have team lead responsibilities as well as hands on technical and support responsibilities. They will coordinate the team’s effort but also execute on the technical implementations and day-to-day support activities. It’s also critical that the successful candidate have project management skills and highly effective oral and written communication as they will be interacting not only with deeply technical team members, but also leadership.
Senior Active Directory Systems Administrator Background and Scope
- Ability to manage a team of highly technical engineers with technical implementations while providing day to day support.
- Design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise server environments as well as cross training support technicians and the helpdesk on new technologies implemented.
- Confers with management and peers to reach consensus on related standards and procedures.
- Respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Learn quickly and show initiative when needed to implement new technologies and when resolving difficult support issues
- Maintains a high awareness and knowledge of technology but is focused on the business application of the technology rather than on the technology itself.
- Must be able to explicitly state how the technical environments are to be managed, maintained, upgraded, and provide documentation and training where required to optimize uptime and system efficiency.
- Experienced with mergers & acquisitions integration.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Manages and coordinates implementation of proposed solutions.
- Able to present to executives and other non-technical resources.
- Proficient with the management, support, and maintenance of MS Exchange and Office 365.
- Assist, mentor, and cross train lower tier personnel with Windows troubleshooting, design, engineering, support, and maintenance.
- Perform and present employee reviews.
- Other duties may be required
Senior Active Directory Systems Administrator Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a technical major or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting MS Exchange / O365.
- 5+ years’ experience administering Active Directory.
- 5+ years in an IT lead or supervisory position.
- Proficient in performing Exchange / o365 upgrades, migrations
- Experience troubleshooting any mail flow related problem in an Exchange / o365 Hybrid Environment.
- Proficient with:
- Microsoft Identity Management (MIM)
- Azure B2B Identity Management in a multi-tenant environment.
- Windows Security in a large multi-domain environment.
- Highly skilled with:
- Performing domain migration of users, computers, mailboxes, etc.
- Setting up trusts and establishing cross domain authentication
- Monitoring and maintaining a large Active Directory/Exchange environment.
- Thorough working knowledge and able to troubleshoot all Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, & security related problems in a large multi-domain environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure/support manuals.
- Ability to define problems and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to perform as technical lead on projects and initiatives.
- Ability to design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise Windows server environments.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Currently a mix of remote and onsite currently
- Office environment is business professional environment
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client moves forward in the 21st Century, they are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve their sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. They view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, they remain committed to providing their customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed