Senior IAM Information Security Architect
Atlanta, GA (onsite post COVID)
1 year + contract
W2 employment only – we are unable to C2C on this role
US Citizens and those eligible to work in the US now and in the future encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship or C2C arrangements.
Your key responsibilities
• Subject-matter expert that has expertise across all IAM topics as it relates to both cloud and design of Active Directory, AD LDS, Azure AD and Ping Identity products including the relationship between on-prem and cloud architectures.
• Drive the adoption of Directory services, Authentication and Authorization reference architectures for existing, new and emerging IAM technologies.
• Drive the adoption of creative solutions to address complex, global IAM problems.
• Participate in Identity and Access Management enterprise governance processes and drive IAM standards adoption.
• Develop effective architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reusable, reliable and phased architecture to help the business grow and change while aligning to strategic vision.
• Create, maintain and align the Firm’s Information Security policies and standards with industry best practices and business needs in the adoption of cloud services and technologies.
• Represent Information Security on organizational project teams and ensure adherence to existing security policies and standards.
• Manage the successful technical delivery of Information Security projects and services for our customers by working directly with key business stakeholders, executives and project teams. Security architects are often the technical lead on initiatives and as such must drive the vision and alignment of the solution delivery. This is not a project manager role.
• Deliver technical security configuration architecture expertise in implementing cross-organizational information sharing.
• Develop solutions and recommendations for issues caused by process challenges, emerging threats and technology changes.
Technical Skills Required
• The individual in this role must be knowledgeable in general aspects of Information Security.
• Must have in-depth experience architecting IAM solutions within Microsoft Azure (strong preference) or Amazon Web Services (AWS), or potentially other cloud vendors.
• Must have in-depth experience and intimately familiarity with IAM related protocols such as SAML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
• Must have in-depth experience with Federation and SSO concepts and technologies particularly solutions based on ADFS and Ping Identity product set.
• Must have In-depth experience with Microsoft Azure, particularly Azure AD and architecture designs connecting Azure to enterprise infrastructure (on-prem).
• Must have in-depth experience with Directories (AD, UnboundID/PingDirectory, AD LDS, Azure AD, LDAP in general etc…).
Nice to have Skills
• In-depth of experience of architecting and configuring Microsoft Windows OS technology including Kerberos, NTLM, SPNs, TCP/IP, IPSec, Firewalls, Load Balancers, AD Forests, Domains, Sites, Trusts, Group Policies, and Organizational Units.
• Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Forefront Identity Management, Microsoft Exchange, Quest Active Roles Server (ARS), Office 365 identity and access management, Multi-factor authentication, Privileged Identity Management (Cyber Ark and/or Azure PIM),
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, and cloud access security brokers (CASBs).
Personal attributes for Success
• Strong team player and consensus forming individual.
• Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written) skills with technical and non-technical audience.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to think “out of the box”.
• Must be able to work independently or with a team, under minimum supervision.
• Consults to key customers and senior management on project design and development scope.
To qualify for the role, you must have
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study.
12+ years of practical IT architectural experience is required. 5+ years of direct Information Security – Identity and Access Management experience as detailed in the technical skills section.
A security industry certification is required including but not limited to CISSP, SSCP, CISM, SANS GSEC, ECSA, ECSP, and Security+
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed