Sr. Java Developer (Microservices/Spring Boot)
Contract Role 12 months
Job Description & Qualifications
Design, develop (code), test, and debug applications. Provide Ready-to-Serve experience and development subject matter expertise. Maintain, enhance and provide solutions for software applications. Assist multiple team members and other project leads in the day-to-day activities related to project work.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Responsibilities include design and development of application components in Agile environment, both web components and backend components.
· Candidate is expected to participate in gathering requirements, documenting and designing WCS functionality and the related enhancements within the application. This includes support for application integration testing, integration development, data conversion and cut-over activities.
· Design, develop, and implement multi-tier commerce applications to support business requirements in Agile environment, both web components and backend components.
· Create and review designs and identify re-usability, performance problems and best practices for Commerce, Services and Java.
· Support the full life cycle of storefront pages, store data, store business logic, customization of WebSphere Commerce tools, and integration with back-end systems.
· Implement Java based solutions for public facing websites based on business requirements.
· Performs unit testing prior to moving code/configuration to the QA process. Research defects and solve for root cause in applications.
· Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience (4+ years of professional working experience).
· 3+ years’ Experience in Java development and OOD skills for large IT systems
· 3+ years’ Experience in Web Services (REST/SOAP)
· 3+ years’ Experience with source control/versioning tools like GIT, SVN or CVS
· 3+ years’ Experience in any MVC framework (Struts/Spring)
· 3+ years of expertise in WebSphere Commerce version 8.x (Preferred)
· Experience in working on different business models of commerce (B2B, Mobile Commerce, etc…) (Preferred)
· Experience in Agile Software Development (Preferred)
· Good Communication Skills
· Good Team Work / Team Player
Please contact Christy.Cifreo@synergishr.com or 770-346-7211
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed