Duration: Up to Jun 30, 2021 + poss extension or FTE
Our client is looking for a Sr Software Engineer to join its Big Data Platform team. We develop and operate mission critical infrastructure services and applications that power both our internal and end customers use cases.
- Lead the technical design, implementation, and deployment of software solutions
- Ensure that projects are successfully executed meeting LinkedIn’s standards for quality software engineering
- Design and ship high volume of elegant code with foresight to avoid performance, scalability, usability, maintainability, availability and testability issues.
- Maintain understanding of latest technologies and tools and leverage them to improve existing products and services.
- Identify opportunities within the team for potential leverage and reuse by developing libraries, APIs, and shared services
- Assist in the onboarding and ramp-up of new engineers
- Contribute towards the definition of product and technical roadmaps
Desired Skills and Experience
- Java Backend Developers with React experience
- Big Data exp (Desired)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on technical leadership
- Proven track record of developing large-scale highly available services and systems in either Java
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of architectural models and technology stack used for developing highly scalable and highly available web applications and systems
- Get data from other API’s in the company – new application – driving productivity of support
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience developing Big data applications a bonus
- Experience developing with infrastructure management applications a bonus
Synergis (www.synergishr.com) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed