Software Engineer II – Data Platform Marketplace
6+ month contract to hire (full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered)
Remote – must be local to Atlanta, GA
Our Data Platform is the core solution for us to share, discover, and access data across the organization providing a centralized and governed location for managing data compliance, entitlements, and access. Our exciting team fosters a strong engineering culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product success. We are a tight-knit group who rapidly deliver high quality software to enable teams to build data pipelines that are secure, reliable, and scalable for our customers with efficiency and automation. Each member of our team is encouraged to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company.
About the Job
Software Engineers are responsible for the analysis, estimation, design, implementation, deployment, management, and daily operations of the key solutions that power the interface of the Data Marketplace. You will be challenged with driving and implementing operational improvements through optimization of system performance, automation, and judicious use of technology that drives data governance, registration, insights, and notification capabilities.
As a Software Engineer II you will:
- Build software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Work with product leadership to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommend viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contribute to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Understand technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Perform trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Working experience within cloud environments – AWS/GCP/Azure (AWS preferred)
- Working experience in the design, development, and implementation of highly scalable microservices
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design, and programming
- Working experience in unit, functional and integration testing
- Passionate about solving data management and data engineering problems.
- Other desired technology experience but not required – streaming technologies (Kafka, Kinesis, Pulsar, etc.), Terraform, SpringBoot, Snowflake, BPM tooling (e.g. Collibra)
If interested, please email Jenna Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through our website.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed