Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 8 month contract + poss extension up to 2 yrs
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The SRE Monitoring Infrastructure team is looking for a backend engineer with experience working with large-scale systems and an operational mindset to help scale our operational metrics platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to enable all engineers within LinkedIn to monitor and keep our site up and running. In return, you will get to work with a world class team supporting a platform that serves Billions of metrics at Millions of QPS
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with “operability” in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24×7 rotation for second-tier escalations.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- 2+ years experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration.
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
Please contact Trixie Aballa: email@example.com
Synergis (www.synergishr.com) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed