Client: The Giving Assistant
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: FULL TIME
- Help to improve, and work within, our SDLC tools, procedures, policies.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leadership to understand, build, maintain, and support the long term technological roadmap, including internal and external features.
- Guide our software engineering teams during feature development, coaching them on implementing scalable patterns, enforcing coding standards, etc.
- Be an influential mentor and role model to our engineers by being an example while providing encouragement and motivation.
- Ensure application requirements are matched with related infrastructure, and to diagnose problems, assess performance, etc. by working closely with our system administrators and DevOps teams
- Proactively communicate with Engineering Leadership and other stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support our marketing and sales process with assistance in developing white papers, architectural diagrams, filling out infrastructure or compliance surveys, etc.
- 10+ years working in software development and systems architecture
- 5+ years of working with web-based applications, related technology, and nuances, including RESTful APIs, caching, CDN’s, etc.
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role
- Strong experience with PHP 5.6 and above
- Strong understanding of cloud-based application architecture and hosting (we use AWS)
- Strong familiarity with SQL and No-SQL database systems (we use MySQL and Mongo) and related Big Data concepts
- Demonstrated experience with scalable software patterns
- Advanced technological skill sets and a demonstrated history with technology
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to delegate efficiently
- Willing and able to roll up your sleeves to assist in software development when appropriate or needed
- Experience with several programming languages, including BASH scripting, Python
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience working as a developer in the e-commerce/affiliate industry
- Experience with Agile methodologies & working with JIRA
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
– A competitive annual salary that factors in location and experience
– Stock options
– Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
– Unlimited Vacation
– Paid parental leave
– Stipend for continuing education
– Have a measurable positive impact on society
– Work with a team of passionate professionals (and a few dogs!) in a new, beautiful & environmentally friendly skyscraper
– Pre-tax commuter, dependant care, and health FSAs
– Employer-sponsored 401K
– Cashback donation matching
– Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
– Audible membership
– Option to work from home Wednesdays and Fridays
– Weekly company social
Our client believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.
This position is open to remote and local candidates. Remote candidates must be comfortable working PST hours.
*Note: we are not able to sponsor H1-B visas for this role
Please contact Trixie Aballa: email@example.com
Synergis (www.synergishr.com) serves the needs of leading technology firms, carefully matching talent to full-time, contract or project positions. Synergis recruiters have been a driving force of the tech space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed