Server Support Technician – 1st Shift
3 Month Contract | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a 1st Shift Server Support Technician to augment their growing team! The selected Server Technician will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering on time, with quality, within budget and with exemplary customer service!
Server Support Technician Background
- Monitor, report, and act upon systems alerts to keep productions systems online and communicate across teams to respond immediately.
- Design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise server environments as well as cross training support technicians on new technologies implemented.
- Successfully work with Executives, Project Managers, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Developers, Business Analysts, System Testers, Desktop Support Technicians, and end users in the implementation of small and large IT solutions
- Process job schedules, manage workflows, business processes for critical systems and escalate as required.
- Maintain inventory, order equipment, work with vendors and manage technology assets.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and maintenance manuals.
- Learn quickly and show initiative when needed to implement new technologies and when resolving difficult support issues.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives with minimal guidance or supervision
- Manage support Windows Server Environment, apply routine patching and scheduling with MECM.
- Understanding of networking and data communications.
- Performing ticket resolution using ServiceNow
- Implementing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft Windows and Linux Servers (including maintaining all server documentation).
- Create and Manage AD groups and permissions associated to specific roles.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Will require shift work as assigned.
Server Support Technician Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years related experience and / or training (Bachelor’s preferred)
- One or more of the following certifications: MCSE, and / or MCITP is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience administering Active Directory
- 3 years supporting an enterprise systems management system (eg. ServiceNow, MECM)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Ability to design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise server environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating system security
- Experience with virus defense systems and backup and recovery solutions
- Knowledge of IP, VPN, Ethernet, and other LAN technologies
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure/support manuals
- Ability to define problems and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Support Center Technician – Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and 10-panel drug screen
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
Please forward resumes to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed