Senior Windows/O365 Systems Engineer
Contract to Hire or Direct Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Windows System Engineer to augment or join their growing team! The Senior Windows System Engineer will have at least ten years of experience supporting Windows Server products, Virtualization, storage, and VDI environments. In this job you will provision, configure, operate/maintain physical/virtual servers and support compute/storage environments in on prem and in cloud settings. This position regularly takes a lead in solving complex problems, works independently and receives minimal guidance
Senior Windows Systems Engineer Background and Scope
- Expert server administration supporting enterprise software applications.
- Expert Exchange, Office 365 and Azure AD, VMWare, Citrix and SQL experience.
- Expert Microsoft Active Directory skills, including upkeep and domain consolidation.
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP and network connectivity concepts.
- Expert knowledge and experience of various services i.e DNS, DHCP, FTP, NTP, Kerberos, , SFTP, LDAP, among others.
- Expert knowledge of various enterprise server hardware [blades, rackmount, standalone], and storage technologies.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Clustering, Virtualization, NAS, NFS and SAN.
- Takes leadership role in managing major incidents and problems through root cause analysis and effective communication among teams.
- Expert ability to build out server environments, physical, virtual and in the cloud from the ground up.
- Experience in moving on prem workloads into cloud environments.
- Develop guidelines for systems monitoring to ensure maximum availability, uptime, and performance. Participate in proactive capacity planning to support changing business requirements.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve system performance issues and outages. Participate in cross-functional technical teams in the identification and resolution of complex technical issues.
- Advanced PowerShell script development and the adoption of tools (like Ansible, Chef and Puppet) to automate repeatable systems management and auditing activities.
- Work with security team to maintain secure and hardened systems.
- Acts as technical lead on assigned projects. Takes responsibility for completion of assigned project on time and at budget.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging relevant compute and storage technologies. Provide management with input on evolving technology trends and solutions.
- Available for off hours on-call rotation, may work irregular work schedules as needed and provide off-hours operational support.
- Participate in creating standard processes for systems installation, configuration, patching, and upgrading.
- Adhering to all SOX requirements, and provide reporting and audits as required.
- Ensure documentation standards are adhered to.
- Develop Disaster Recovery procedures and take a lead the testing and recovery process.
- Operate under irregular work schedules as needed and provide off-hours operational support.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
- Monitors relevant systems for availability and performance. Performs periodic metrics reporting to show continuous performance.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards
Senior Windows Systems Engineer Requirements
- BS in Computer Science or other related area
- 10 years of relative technical work experience
- Recent experience with Office 365 Migrations in a large enterprise setting
- 10 years Windows Server experience.
- 8 Years VMWare experience.
- 8 years AWS/Azure/Cloud computing experience
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good organization, time management and prioritization
- Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Senior Windows Systems Engineer Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Ability to travel, expected 20% or less
- Onsite in a business casual environment, with some option for remote / flex time
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client does more than just connect producers to retailers, food service providers, and consumers. Their comprehensive services culminate from almost 120 years of delivering value and innovation – and from leading the temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics industry with the solutions their customers need.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed