Senior Systems / Automation Engineer
Contract to Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Systems Engineer / Team Lead to join their growing team! The Senior Systems Engineer will own and ensure the architecture of monitoring and responding with automated processes to
maintain 100% uptime and develop dashboards to represent systems overall status, as well as mentor junior engineers on the team.
Senior Systems / Automation Engineer Background and Scope
- Own and ensure the architecture of monitoring and responding with automated processes to maintain 100% uptime and develop dashboards to represent systems overall status.
- Design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise server environments as well as cross training support technicians on new technologies implemented.
- Identify and report issues, determine root cause, configure systems integrations, and verify issues are resolved for enterprise applications.
- Work closely with developers to promote code from development environments, test environments, training environments, and through to production environment following the SDLC process.
- Learn quickly and show initiative when needed to implement new technologies and when resolving difficult support issues.
- Aid in the build out and integrate with system monitoring dashboards and alerts.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Performing ticket resolution, understanding workflows, and process control using ServiceNow.
- Implementing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft Windows and Linux Servers (including maintaining all server documentation).
- Performs enterprise systems management for data center also includes some support for desktop environments.
- Perform application support as necessary, at a senior engineer level.
- Assist/mentor lower tier personnel with Windows server and application troubleshooting.
Senior Systems Automation Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or university preferred
- In lieu of degree, 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintain one of the following certifications: MCSE and/or MCITP is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience administering Active Directory
- 8+ years supporting an enterprise systems management system:
- Thorough knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- 4 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration
- SANs and Disk Subsystems is a preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience with:
- PowerShell scripting
- middleware applications
- Ability architect and develop systems to monitor and alert based upon overall health and failures of large complex application systems.
- Deep understanding of back-end and continuous testing concepts and monitoring of services.
- Ability to design, engineer, document, and implement distributed enterprise server environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating Systems security.
- In depth knowledge and basic experience with VMWare and other virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of IP, VPN, Ethernet, and other LAN technologies.
- Ability to manage and understand SSL Certificate management as it is applied to secured applications.
- Verify platform security, redundancy for high availability, and resilience for backup and
- recovery solutions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure/support manuals.
- Ability to define problems and collect data, digest data analytics, establish facts, and draw
- valid conclusions.
- Good technical understanding of cloud platforms and their components and services.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and respond quickly to shifting priorities as needed.
- Experience managing and working with collocated data centers.
- Familiarity with SQL server (writing and executing queries).
Senior Systems Automation Engineer Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Majority remote with some onsite
- Environment is business professional environment
- After hours / Weekend (on Rotation – 1 weekend every 6 weeks)
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client moves forward in the 21st Century, they are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve their sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. They view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, they remain committed to providing their customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed