Senior Systems / Automation Engineer
Contract to Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Systems / Automation Engineer to join their growing team! Senior Systems / Automation Engineer will own and ensure the architecture of monitoring and responding with automated processes to maintain 100% uptime and develop dashboards to represent systems overall status, as well as mentor junior engineers on the team.
Senior Systems / Automation Engineer Background and Scope
- Develop complex PowerShell scripts, Advanced Functions, Modules, debug, and QA existing code and refactor as necessary
- As primary responsibility you will have to develop PowerShell code in order to automate the processes of the company, test and apply it at scale
- Advanced logging, commenting, documenting, and reporting of every developed solution is required
- Work with PowerShell and different Web APIs
- Develop and augment systems monitoring/management with PowerShell scripts and SCORCH runbooks
- Work closely with various teams on system maintenance and projects.
Senior Systems / Automation Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year College or university preferred
- In lieu of degree, 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintain one of the following certifications: MCSE and/or MCITP is preferred.
- 3+ years writing production level PowerShell scripts and modules.
- 2+ years creating production level SCORCH runbooks
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little direction in a team setting
- Exceptional troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server Administration
- Excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills mandatory
- Ability to discuss ideas conceptually and deliver proof of concepts for review
- Azure, Octopus, MECM experience a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and respond quickly to shifting priorities as needed.
- Experience managing and working with collocated data centers.
- Familiarity with SQL server (writing and executing queries).
Senior Systems / Automation Engineer Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Currently a mix of remote and onsite currently
- Office environment is business professional environment
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client moves forward in the 21st Century, they are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve their sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. They view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, they remain committed to providing their customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed