Senior SQL Database Administrator
6 month contract to hire (full benefits offered)
Must be local to Mission, KS
The Sr Database Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, administering, monitoring, and maintaining physical databases to keep them in a usable state, ensuring they are available and accurate at all required times. The Database Administrator is involved in database and repository design, managing the availability of databases to agreed operating levels, installing database software, and providing database support.
- Working experience in installing, configuring, administering, and tuning database technologies.
- Working experience with configuring and managing advanced queues.
- Working experience configuring and managing replication.
- Working experience with stored procedures, triggers, functions, packages, partitioning, streams, and indexes.
- Working experience with SQL Server 2017 and newer.
- Working experience with query optimization using a variety of methods for high-volume OLTP workloads and long-running reports.
- Relational database modeling experience.
- Heavy experience with writing/optimizing TSQL.
- TSQL code reviews.
- Familiarity with .NET data access patterns (Entity framework and other ORMs, connection settings, troubleshooting, etc.) for the purpose of communicating changes with developers.
- Understanding of hardware configurations that contribute to performance (CPU/parallelism, storage configuration, networking/latency).
- Understanding of Windows Security as it relates to database access (SQL Logins versus Windows Authentication, Active Directory, Service Accounts, etc.).
- Working experience with server monitoring at the SQL and Windows level (SQL tools/queries, perfmon, extended events).
- Ability to capture data for performance research and trend analysis.
- Understanding of row store versus column store indexes.
- Ability to communicate effectively to developers and management regarding issues and best practices.
- Working experience with Always-On HADR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience and education.
- 5-8 years of experience.
- Experience with AWS RDS a plus.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed