Senior Security Engineer
Contract, C2H or Direct Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Security Engineer to join their growing team! The Senior Security Engineer will be a key member of our client’s team. The selected candidate will be responsible for evaluating, developing, monitoring, and maintaining creative and innovative solutions to protect our client’s systems from unauthorized access and information loss. This would include implementing and maintaining information security processes and procedures related to:
- Access control (MFA, PAM, SSO, etc.)
- Application security
- Cloud security (AWS, Azure)
- Data security (DLP, Encryption, FIM/FAM, SIEM, etc.)
- Endpoint security (AV, HIPS, MDM, Patching, etc.)
- Network security (firewalls, IPS, NAC, WAF, etc.)
Senior Security Engineer Background and Scope
- Performs information security risk assessments of internally developed solutions and cloud-based solutions and services
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to deploy strategic security projects from end-to-end, reviewing network configurations to implement segmentation following secure best practices
- Investigating, documenting, and assisting with implementing security best practices for both corporate and warehouse environments
- Implementing security technology solutions for prevention of unauthorized access and detection of security events.
- Performs security scans and security testing to identify vulnerabilities and proposes solutions to mitigate identified issues
- Implement security technology solutions for prevention of unauthorized access and detection of security events
- Investigating security breaches both actual and possible and respond accordingly to contain and recover from any security incidents.
- Support multiple security technologies and platforms both on premise and cloud based by identifying current and potential future vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with appropriate leaders to identify, recommend, and develop risk remediation plans.
- Evaluates vendor security controls to ensure continued security compliance with Interface standards
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging security, compliance, and technical developments and promotes security best practices via awareness, example, and compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
Senior Security Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / MIS or other relevant domain with an information security emphasis preferred, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 7+ years of demonstrated information technology experience with focus in areas such as:
- Application security
- Designing and implementing information security and network security architectures
- Knowledge and experience with some or all of the following:
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Demonstrated experience with administration, design and implementation of security controls including experience in applying methodologies and principles for various levels of security.
- Hands on experience with at security technologies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of various industry security standards and organizations necessary to maintain knowledge of current trends, contacts, and security enhancements.
- Understanding of information security frameworks (minimum 1) such as:
- ISO 27000 series
- CIS Controls
- NIST 800-171
- Demonstrated ability to apply time-proven, generally-accepted security management methodologies, concepts, and techniques in the application and conclusion of implemented security solutions.
- Project Management experience and knowledge of best practices to coordinate and administer multiple initiatives within delivery time frames
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts to all levels of an organization including the executive suite, including non-technical individuals
- Ability and experience with internal stakeholder negotiations, analytical skills, and leadership skills sufficient to navigate differences of opinion and varying priority needs necessary to coordinate project completion between many different levels of the organization.
Senior Security Engineer Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Onsite in a business casual environment, with some option for remote / flex time
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client does more than just connect producers to retailers, food service providers, and consumers. Their comprehensive services culminate from almost 120 years of delivering value and innovation – and from leading the temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics industry with the solutions their customers need.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed