Senior Product Design Engineer
Duration: 6 months
What we are about:
Empowers and inspires you to lead a healthier, more active life. We design health and fitness products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life — because achieving your goals comes from what you do every day. We give you the insights and encouragement to make smart choices, to see how small everyday changes add up to big results.
What you'll do:
We are looking for an experienced Product Design Engineer to drive all aspects of the mechanical design of of products. You will work closely within a cross-functional team to design the mechanical components of products to ensure mechanical robustness, function, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. You will drive decision making amidst ambiguity and competing priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the company. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the products we develop and have ownership of our most challenging engineering problems.
· Integrate with cross-functional teams to create high quality products that delight our customers.
· Work with ID to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
· Contribute to the development of the mechanical product architecture.
· Detailed design of mechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems.
· Conduct rapid feasibility studies to design for optimal mechanical robustness, schedule, and cost.
· Identify and execute on analysis (FEA, TA, etc.) for predictable and successful system builds.
· Oversee internal and external prototyping.
· Facilitate the appropriate use of design reviews.
· Work directly with part suppliers on DFM, tooling kick-off, tool bring-up, and tool/part qualification.
· Collaborate with local and overseas engineering and manufacturing teams to qualify tooling and define visual quality requirements.
· Work directly with our ODM/CM/JDM partners in support of system assembly build activities.
· Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation as a result of build issues and reliability testing.
· BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience in designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
· 5+ years experience working with overseas suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and assemblies.
· Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as display assemblies, batteries, and antenna.
· Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA, etc.
· Expertise in 3D MCAD, Creo preferred.
· Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute.
· An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
· Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed