Senior Network Engineer – Fortinet
Contract to Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Network Engineer with a strong background with Fortinet firewalls, to join their growing team! The Network Engineer’s primary responsibility is to maintain, design and administer multi-homed, mission critical BGP routed connections to the Internet. The successful candidate is a senior networking professional that designs, implements, analyzes, troubleshoots, and maintains all WAN / LAN / WLAN / SDWAN devices, network management systems, VPN devices, remote access devices, firewalls, access control lists and utilization reporting systems. He or She will monitor and maintain all aspects of the data and voice networks. As a senior member of the team, the engineer will also be responsible for mentoring and training Jr. Engineers on the company’s network standards. Continued education in the field of data and voice networking is encouraged.
Senior Network Engineer Background and Scope
- Overall responsibility for network procedures and standards development.
- Network design including IP addressing, access control, Quality of Service, capacity planning, capacity modeling, routing, and switching.
- Network monitoring using NMS solution such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure, SolarWinds, Fortinet
- FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer, etc.
- Primary responsibility for maintaining, designing, and administering multi-homed, mission critical BGP routed connections to the Internet.
- Client Access VPN such as Cisco AnyConnect, FortiClient or other related technology
- Track, assign and inventory IP addressing and creates reports of usage/availability.
- SLA creation and reporting.
- Configuring and maintaining WLAN devices from Cisco, Aruba, Fortinet FortiAP, etc.
- Experience with IP Multicast Routing in a Sparse Mode environment
- DCI experience such as OTV, L2TPv3, 802.11q (QinQ), etc.
- Management and configuration of F5 load balancer technologies
- Firewall experience with Cisco ASA, Fortinet FortiGate, or other applicable technologies
- IPS/IDS experience. i.e., SourceFire, Cisco CSC SSM, etc.
- Routing protocols consisting of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, RIP etc.
- Analysis of new technologies and assessment of feasibility.
- Configuration of all network equipment and network management software.
- Review and analysis of log files and performance metrics.
- Scheduling and implementation nation-wide moves adds and changes of LAN / WAN / WLAN / SDWAN equipment.
Senior Network Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a technical major or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in data and voice networking in a large WAN environment.
- CCNP (required)
- Fortinet NSE 4 strongly preferred
- Fortinet NSE 5-8, or additional Fortinet security certifications are desirable
- 7+ years of experience working with dynamic routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, RIP, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of networking standards, technologies, and related disciplines.
- Configuration and deployment of security hardware and software.
- Knowledgeable of Cisco and Fortinet equipment and its proper deployment in the enterprise.
- Experience with packet trace/sniffer analysis.
- Experience with network application performance analysis.
- Experience with configuration, design and deployment of LAN / WAN / WLAN / SDWAN technologies.
- Familiarity with VOIP and Quality of Service.
- Experience with the design and implementation of WAN technologies and related security standards including MPLS L3VPN, and other applicable VPN technologies.
- Experience creating standards, and network documentation as well as processes and procedures in support of large enterprise networks.
- Experience designing, configuring and implementing remote access technologies and servers.
- Experience with load balancer and application delivery controllers from F5 Networks.
Senior Network Engineer Preferred Skills
- Previous experience converting NPLS to SD WAN (Fortinet) strongly desired
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Currently a mix of remote and onsite currently
- Office environment is business professional
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client moves forward in the 21st Century, they are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve their sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. They view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, they remain committed to providing their customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed