JOB TITLE: Senior Network Engineer
DURATION: Option for Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
CLIENT: Consumer and Commercial services Company
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Network Engineer to join their growing team! The selected candidate will be responsible for providing hands-on network engineering for a world-class enterprise network, to include deployment projects and initiatives. The Senior Network Engineer will be ensuring all equipment such as routers, switches and access points are set up correctly and ready for deployment and maintained after installation. The selected candidate will be expected to apply their knowledge of network engineering to ensure all projects and deliverables are completed accurately and on time
Senior Network Engineer Background and Scope
- Responsible for configuring routers, switches, and access points
- Network design for future enhancement and expansion
- Ensure and validate all network equipment is set up correctly and ready for deployment
- Assists in the staging, configuration, and testing of all network-related devices
- Work within a team environment and apply knowledge of IT and network engineering concepts to complete projects and initiatives on time
- Ability to troubleshoot independently in downtime or outage situations
- Ability to operate in remote locations solo to produce full connectivity for users
- Travel requirement: up to 25% for network device deployments
- Network design and development for future technologies.
- Troubleshooting and decision making both with and without team support.
Senior Network Engineer Requirements
- Associates or bachelor’s degree, or technical institute degree / certificate or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- 5-7 years of experience in Network Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience in Router / Switch Network Support
- Experience with the following:
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Cisco ISR and ASR Routers
- Cisco Switches (9K, 2k, 9300) experience
- Network Security:
- Cisco Umbrella
- Network Segmentation
- SD WAN (Viptella, Velocloud)
- Cisco ISE Deployment & Administration
- Cisco Tetration Deployment & Administration
- Cisco Firepower Firewalls
- FTD and FMC
- Integration and deployment
- IPS Signatures
- Cisco Wireless Networks – Meraki: Security, Deployment & AP Migration
- Deep BGP, EIGRP and OSPF protocol understanding
- Network expansion experience
- Disaster planning
- LAN/WAN cabling to include fiber optic
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP knowledge
- NetScaler knowledge
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
Senior Network Preferred:
- Current CCNP preferred
Senior Network Engineer Other:
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Onsite in a business casual environment, with some option for remote / flex time
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client does more than just connect producers to retailers, food service providers, and consumers. Their comprehensive services culminate from almost 120 years of delivering value and innovation – and from leading the temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics industry with the solutions their customers need.
If interested, please apply directly through our website or you can reach Marisa directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed