Senior Network Engineer
Direct Hire | Alpharetta, GA
Synergis’ client, a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Network Engineer to join their growing team! The network engineer will be responsible for implementation, maintenance, and operational support of customer facing and internal data networks, network security, WAN connectivity.
Senior Network Engineer Background and Scope
- Maintain firewalls to ensure proper security controls are in place
- Support network utilized to deliver hosted services to customers
- Daily operational support for internal and customer networks
- Interface and manage vendor interactions for hardware and services provided.
- Work with providers / telcos for services and escalation of issues
- Utilize and support network tools to manage environment
Senior Network Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent knowledge / experience / training
- 4 to 6+ years of experience in IT Networking.
- 4+ years of experience working in or with Information Technology
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- Experience with Cisco devices, specifically Cisco routers & switches
- Experience with Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls.
- CCNP / CCIE network certification preferred along with experience with data protocols, standards, addressing, routing, switching and data security.
- Expertise of IP subnetting and the OSI model.
- Understanding of firewall security policies involving objects, rules, NATs, inspection policies, etc.
- Strong attention to detail along with sharp analytical skills to identify problems at the network, systems, and application layers.
- Must be customer-service-minded and tactful when dealing with customers. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors, coworkers, employees, and upper management.
- Scripting skills a plus (Perl, Python, TCL, or a combination of languages)
Senior Network Engineer Desired Experience:
- Cloud migration to GCP or other cloud provider
- Supervisory/Lead experience
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and 10-panel drug screen
- Local Atlanta based candidates STRONGLY preferred (relocation reimbursement not offered)
About Our Client
Our client is the leading, global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, they deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in smart metering, grid edge intelligence and smart infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.8 billion, our client employs approximately 6,000 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed