Senior Network Security Administrator
Atlanta, GA (Remote through Covid then 2 days a week onsite)
Contract to Perm
US Citizen required
Bachelor's Degree required
The Senior Network Administrator is a member of the Information Technology Team which supports and manages the network infrastructure. This person will provide technical engineering, architecture, support, day to day management, and subject matter expertise to ensure availability, reliability, and security of internal networks and network initiatives. This role reports to the Director of Cyber Security in Information Technology. Ability to travel within North America is not expected often but may be required. The position is located in Atlanta, GA.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in the design, review, and support of network solutions to increase reliability and availability and reduce the company’s risk profile.
· Closely coordinate and collaborate with internal IT Infrastructure team on methodologies, strategies and technologies designed to enhance and continually improve our networks.
· Install, configure, and maintain network infrastructure such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points and controllers, intrusion detection systems, packet capture devices, local and remote VPN devices, data loss prevention tools, and other commercial off the shelf and open source networking and security tools.
· Primary contact to support vulnerability and patch management of established networks including assessing new vulnerabilities, providing recommendations and tracking for remediation, patches, updates, mitigation, etc.
· Provide subject matter expertise and technical analysis, and advisement to internal departments in support of their projects and initiatives.
· Collaborate in the evaluation of new and emerging network and network security tools and technologies.
· Ability to assess the effectiveness and possible impact of threats and associated susceptibility of the corporation’s network technology assets.
· Assist with development of metrics and provide routine network security and reliability reports.
· Assist with the development of network training materials for business users and other staff.
The successful candidate will have:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience.
· Strong generalized networking technical background, critical thinking and troubleshooting proficiencies.
· Depth of understanding of TCP/IP, network design, and network availability and security concepts.
- Familiarity with networking and security best practices, standards, and compliance initiatives such as NIST 800 series, SOC Trust Services Criteria, and CIP.
· Ability to understand and learn technical specifications, system requirements and other network design information as needed.
· Ability to develop detailed process, design and procedure documentation of current and future systems.
· A capacity to thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities can change frequently.
· Strong communications and interpersonal skills to build/maintain ongoing business relationships with employees, vendors, and clients at all levels of the organization.
· Experience in:
o Cisco Route, Switch, Wireless, and Security Architecture, Design, and Management
o Cisco UCS and VOIP concepts and management
o Azure/AWS Cloud IaaS networking architecture and management
o Network Monitoring and Defense, Security Appliance, Firewall, Routing, IDS/IPS, WAF, ISE, NAC, setup and rule management
o Cisco, Palo Alto, and other Firewall, VPN, Proxy Security solution experience
o Citrix, A10, F5, or other proxy / load balancer architecture and management
o Support and Integration of encryption equipment such as HSMs, Thales solutions
o Network flow, packet, header analysis and troubleshooting
o Encryption and Wireless security principles
o Working with Managed Monitoring and Security Services Providers
o Matching network technology with corporate policy, procedures, and business need
· Familiarity with Cisco, A10, F5, Palo Alto, CheckPoint, VMWare, Citrix, Thales, Linux, Microsoft, and other Cloud services and technologies.
Additional desired attributes include:
- CCIE, CCNP, PCNSA / PCNSE, VCP-NV, CCA-N / CCP-N, or other network and security related certifications.
· Background check will be conducted prior to employment.
· In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
· Ability to travel if needed between offices.
· This position has been classified as exempt.
· Position will be required to participate in on call rotation.
· Position will be required to participate in weekend and after hours patching and change control duties.
· Position is located in Atlanta, GA.
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed