JOB TITLE: Sr. DevOps Engineer
CLIENT: Fortune 20
Candidate can sit in one of three locations; 100% remote to begin with
· Austin, TX
· San Diego, CA
· New York, NY
DURATION: Long-term; open-ended contract
· Synergis’ client is looking for DevOps Engineers to support our rapid growth and expansion. This role will be key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team, with a broad impact across product and customer experiences.
· Responsible for gathering requirements, building infrastructure and tooling to support the client initiatives. Be a conduit for technical expertise in liaising with external partners.
· Provide technical guidance, solving expertise, and architectural insight to development, quality, and site reliability teams.
· Solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives.
· Build applications and tools to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up delivery of products. Scale existing technologies (or promote new technologies) to out-pace current growth projections. Evangelize next generation cloud and DevOps products and processes, experiment with their implementation and bring them to fruition.
· BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 6+ years or MS degree with 4+ years’ experience, or equivalent.
· Excellent scripting skills in Python. Golang is highly desired.
· Experience with Pulumi (Infra as Code).
· In depth knowledge of Cloud technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS Infra Services. Ability to write automation code to provision and teardown in these stacks.
· Expert in Ansible. Should be able to write playbooks for Ansible from scratch.
· Experience with the HashiCorp Vault including Python API.
· In depth knowledge of GitHub, Maven, and Gradle.
· Excellent communication and documentation skills.
· In depth knowledge of Jenkins including Jenkins’s
plugins, and pipeline as code (Groovy).
· Experience with Spinnaker and Helm highly desired.
· Experience with HashiCorp tools: Terraform, Nomad and Consul.
· Well versed in Linux compute, networking, storage, and DB's (SQL and NoSQL).
· Understanding the security and compliance aspects of DevOps.
· Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time.
If interested, please send your updated resume to Marisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through our website.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed