Senior Database Administrator
Contract to Hire | Atlanta, GA
Synergis’ client, a premier North American consumer and commercial services company, has engaged us in a search for a Senior Database Administrator to join their growing team! The database administrator will be responsible for keeping the databases up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Optimize the existing database indexes, queries, stored procedures, and reports.
- Install, optimize, and maintain database systems and support software.
- Monitor and maintain performance of database systems which also includes backups, restore and disaster recovery.
- Provide technical assistance to IT staff and users of IT systems and assure compliance to departmental procedures.
Senior Database Administrator Background and Scope
- Define the database logical and physical design and the security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Ensure compliance to audit and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to the IT staff and users of IT systems.
- Design and build normalized and de-normalized database solutions using best practices.
- Work on multiple concurrent deadline-driven projects.
- Assist in development of new application systems and database changes.
- Collect system historical data for trend and projection usage analysis.
- Administer data archiving process ensuring compliance with policy.
- Perform administrative duties as to formal reporting of activity, progress and performance.
- Responsible for the provision of detailed analysis and reporting for various database activities
- Develop, implement, and manage policies and procedures ensuring the integrity and security of the databases.
- Install database binaries or upgrading an existing database server
- Plan for backup and recovery of the databases in coordination with the Technical Support and Operations departments
- Establishing standards and schedules for database backups
- Developing recovery procedures for each database
- Making sure that the backup schedules meet the recovery requirements
- Monitoring the health of the database server which includes:
- The server is running with optimal performance.
- The error log or event log is monitored for database errors.
- Setup database alerts / notifications.
- Responsible for having databases routine maintenance performed and the overall system has periodic maintenance performed by the system administrator.
- Responsible for maintaining the proper use of storage which includes monitoring disk space requirements
- Responsible for setting up and scheduling various events
- Develop, Perform, and manage database disaster recovery procedures.
- Help developers to optimize database / applications coding (queries, stored procedures, etc.).
Senior Database Administrator Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of recent experience working with Microsoft SQL Server as a database developer is required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator
- 3+ years’ experience developing in Java
- 3+ years’ coding with C#.Net is required.
- 2+ years of experience working with SSIS and SSRS is required
- Strong English communication skills (i.e., writing, documenting, speaking, and presenting)
- Strong problem investigation and resolution skills
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
Senior Database Administrator Preferred
- Experience coding in with Java, .Net, and C Sharp
- 3 years of experience as a developer using Microsoft SQL, SSIS, and/or SSRS
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, or 2019
- Experience with Spotlight and or Solarwinds Database Performance Analyzer
- Experience with database partitioning, archiving, and purging
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Certification as a Database Administrator in Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Knowledge of MS SQL always-on feature
- Project planning and management and very high attention to details
- Microsoft training and certification will be considered a strong asset
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- On-call responsibilities required
- Currently remote but eventually fully onsite once its safe to do so
- Office environment is business professional environment
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
As our client moves forward in the 21st Century, they are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve their sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. They view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, they remain committed to providing their customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed