Senior Cloud Engineer
6 month contract with potential to convert (Full benefits offered)
Remote – Must be located in the Austin, TX Metro Area
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a technical leader in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
Technologies we use:
- Java, .NET Core, PHP, C# and ASP.Net
- Front End
- Web Components, React, NodeJs, Redux, Jest, Ext JS
- DynamoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Oracle
- Cloud infrastructure
- ECS Fargate, EKS Fargate
- Terraform, Cake Build, Kubernetes
- API Gateway
- Code Build
- Code Pipeline
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system.
- Influence technical solutions while coaching newer or less experienced members on your Scrum team
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
- Implement platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams.
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 years of development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or additional 6 years broad development experience). Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- Strong Java or .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including extensive knowledge of the Java or .NET technology platforms, applied use of design patterns and REST, and MVC technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Experience delivering software in cloud-based systems is a plus.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions.
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping is a plus.
Please forward current resumes to email@example.com for immediate review.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed