Title: Scala Engineer
Duration: Initial 1 Year Contract (Possibility of Extension or Direct Hire)
Apache Spark adoption is increasing 3x YoY. Scala dominates as the language of choice for Spark jobs. There are more than 40k+ Scala programs today deployed via 30k+ daily Spark jobs. You will be joining the Spark team and play a role in defining the Scala strategy that greatly impacts the production and maintenance of these jobs. You will have opportunities to build products or tooling that will be leveraged as we roll out Spark 3.0 and bring in the latest Scala technology. You will define the tools and plugins that users need to adopt to improve their experience developing Scala code. You will work with some of the top infrastructure experts and have the opportunity to partner with top JVM and Gradle engineers in the industry.
As a Scala language expert on the Spark team, you will be responsible for driving and implementing the strategy for the Scala version upgrades that impact thousands of Spark jobs running in LinkedIn Hadoop Clusters.
You will evangelize Scala best practices and ensure the productivity of the growing Scala user base.
Specifically, you will:
– Implement and update tools needed to continuously support Scala version upgrades for Spark.
– Partner with the Developer Foundations team to identify issues in underlying tooling that might slow down rapid user adoption.
– Partner with users and teams to evangelize Scala best practices, support and help debug core Scala issues encountered by them.
– BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
– 2+ years of industry experience
– Hands on experience with building large scale systems in Scala.
– Experience using with dependency management and build tools like Gradle, SBT or Maven
– BS+ 2+ years of work experience
– MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
– 2+ years of programming experience in Scala.
– Good understanding of JVM internals (Garbage Collection, Memory Management, Performance Tuning, etc.)
– Solid experience in writing large Scala based applications
– Experience in implementing SBT or Gradle based Scala tooling
– Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
– Experience Working with Open-Source software is desirable
– Experience with Apache Spark is desirable
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Please contact Spencer Gamble: email@example.com
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed