Title: Release Engineer
Location: Cupertino, Ca (will start off remote)
Duration: Initial 1 year Contract (Possibility of Extension)
Our valued client is looking for an Interactive Release/DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for managing the release pipeline. This person will be directly supporting the development and content teams that are creating and publishing content to one of the most trafficked websites. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in a build/release role previously, has strong communication skills, and who knows how to handle the unexpected.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience working on complex development projects
- Experience with Python, Groovy and Jenkins
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately
- Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Knowledge of Linux stack
- Experience with web application security
- In depth knowledge of source version control software (Subversion, Git)
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability and scalability
- Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems such as Ansible, Mesos or similar grid computing technologies, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like Splunk
- Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems
- Proven capabilities to work under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues
- Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions
- Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills; able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations
- Containerization experience (Docker etc..)
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed