QA Test Automation Engineer
Remote to start – Preferred – Naperville IL OR Peachtree ATL
We are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer who has a strong utility domain background, ideally with both a functional testing background as well as test automation experience. The ideal candidate will have Test Automation experience utilizing Tosca.
· Work with management, development, QA, & functional SME’s to understand the scope to be automated.
· Review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare automated test cases.
· Provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing.
· The framework should be designed in such a way that it increases and speeds up productivity.
· Prepare reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of test scripts.
· Work closely with other QC team members to automate the execution and verification of reports created by the various company products.
· Create and validate automation test scripts. Integration with the test management tool is also planned.
· Support the build master implement/improve build test processes, environments, and scripts.
These build tests ensure that the code drops to quality assurance are of the highest quality.
· Be a creative and proactive thinker and you will make use of current technologies to provide extensible automation infrastructures.
· Ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner, including working with infrastructure resources if needed.
· Once automation is proven to be repeatable, on-going regression execution will be transitioned to an operational team.
· 7 years of IT experience, ideally focused on testing of large software implementation projects, with at least 3 years experience in test automation
· Knowledge and understanding of the utility industry
· Experience with SQL queries, stored procedures, and data analysis/validation
· In-depth knowledge of the SDLC as well as various software testing methodologies
· HPE QC/ ALM or any testing management tools
· Tosca automation or any other test automation tools
· Experience with configuration management / build management procedures
· Knowledge of the full project management discipline from Project Initiation to Implementation and Project Closure
· Experience with at least one or more programming or scripting languages (e.g. Java Script, VBScript, VB or C++)
· Experienced writing test plans and test cases, and documenting software defects and anomalies
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed