Title: QA Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Direct Hire
What will you be doing as a Quality Assurance Manager?
We are looking for a dynamic and self-driven Quality Assurance Manager who can take on and overcome challenges in a fast-paced technology organization.
• Lead and mentor a diverse team of Quality Engineers to develop innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions to help the organization deliver quality software solutions with speed.
• Drive continual improvements to the QA practice and instill a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
• Provide technical leadership to the team by architecting testing solutions, helping to resolve technical problems and challenges, and establishing testing standards.
• Work closely with the Director of QA/QE to build out and execute on a roadmap that is aligned to business objectives
• Collaborate with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of QA into the SDLC
• Lead testing efforts for key large initiatives
• Researching and staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends, and approaches with the QA space and incorporating the ones that make sense.
We’d love to chat if you have:
• A minimum of 7 years of diverse experience in the Testing/QA/QE field with a passion for quality and a demonstrated track record of continuously improving
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a leader managing high performing teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate and articulate to stakeholders and management across multiple business functions
• Proven history of successfully coordinating and executing all aspects of testing efforts from project inception to post launch
• Strong risk management skills and a knack for recognizing and anticipating things that would eventually turn into problems (problem avoidance vs reactiveness)
• Experience executing Functional, Non-Functional, Integration, System, Regression, and End to End testing
• Ability to develop a testing strategy that is customized and optimized for the situation at hand and communicate it effectively to stakeholders
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Deep understanding of how to leverage automation in testing efforts and the ability to identify tests that would be optimal candidates for automation
• Strong knowledge of API architecture and extensive experience in testing APIs
• Experience with one or more of the following– AWS, EBS, or SOA is a big plus
• Ability to effectively utilize issue/defect tracking tools such as JIRA and test case management tools such as TestRail
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• A strong passion for quality, an unrelenting attention to detail, and the proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed