Project Manager – GIS / Utility
Synergis’ client, a leader in Work Management solutions for Transmission and Distribution Utilities, has engaged Synergis in a search for a Project Manager with GIS and Utility experience to join their growing Atlanta based team! The Project Manager is the key to meeting our client’s strategic goals of digitizing the real world into 3D data clouds, analyzing the data for defects and risks, and sending work crews out to mitigate these risks using their Work Management Software. With digitize, analyze, and work competencies, the successful Project Manager will effectively manage a project through multiple business units which perform work in data collection, data processing, and software implementations. The selected project managers will shepherd the project and our client’s customers to a successful implementation and transition them to our client’s Software Support Staff for ongoing maintenance.
Background and Scope
- Champion process changes throughout organization to reduce overall complexity
- Participate in proposal creation during the sales process
- Create Statements of Work
- Provide clarity for all proposals in terms of risks, mitigations, and possible costs for management consideration in setting price.
- Identify project objectives, deliverables, and acceptance criteria
- Develop project plans outlining project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Plan, monitor, and control project activities to maximize cash flow and customer satisfaction.
- Work with internal delivery and production teams to manage project costs, and schedules.
- Staff each of your projects to achieve time, cost, and scope objectives.
- Optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the organization
- Set customer expectations to ensure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances.
- Act as the customer's advocate to internal teams to ensure project / contractual commitments to customer are met.
- Monitor financial aspects of projects and manage billing process with clients.
- Alerting Finance of any outstanding project issues which will change financial expectations
- Utilize contract terms and conditions to ensure prompt customer acceptance of deliveries, maximize cash-flow and margin and to limit liabilities.
- Manage and lead routing and siting studies for linear energy projects and associated facilities.
- Managing relationships with education, system’s, and immersive development departments
- Provide support to clients regarding the maintenance, development, or operation of GIS and EDW databases, equipment, or applications
- Create and disseminate workflow and training documents
- Assist in the timely development of spatial data, spatial and statistical models, and analyses for foundational components and special projects
- Develop project plans outlining GIS project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Plan, monitor and control GIS project deliveries and perform closeout of projects ensuring project/contractual commitments are met.
- Develop project terms and conditions, including risks performance and risk factors
- Conducting system review and creating detailed reports for executive staff and external clients
- Degree / Post-secondary education in environmental science, planning, engineering, or related field, such as GIS or Software Development.
- 5+ years’ recent experience in project management
- Experience in leading software-based product implementations
- Experience in leading data collection-based projects
- PMP® certification from Project Management Institute or equivalent is recommended.
- Proven strong commercial awareness and ability to negotiate complex contracts
- Ability to negotiate complex contracts
- A strong awareness of how professionals can leverage GIS technology and geo-enabled data to achieve their business goals and mission objectives
- An understanding of Geographic Information System (GIS) processes and capabilities (prior GIS expertise preferred, but current GIS expertise is not necessary).
- Proficient in and consistently demonstrates and promotes policies and procedures for our client, including client-specific training (if applicable)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills including the ability to discuss technical capabilities to non-technical audiences
- Understanding of and experience with:
- MS Project
- ESRI (Mapping and Analytics software)
- Possesses familiarity with multiple technologies, development methods and systems, and relevant programming languages
- Experience in agile methodology a plus
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and drug screen
- Local Atlanta based candidates only
About Our Client
Our client’s solution provides Transmission & Distribution Utilities with a Virtual Grid to navigate and optimize asset performance. Remote Sensing Data Services, Advanced Analytics, and Work Management Software provide the leading utilities with a digital twin of their network to design new assets, perform safer inspections and manage overall network health. By combining software with our client’s LiDAR data acquisition services, utilities can identify work required, cost-effectively allocate work to field personnel, track work as its being completed, and generate reports and analysis.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed