12 month contract
Project Manager Position Summary
As a member of our Fan Engagement Team, you will help deliver our fans a better experience and the business a better business, converting challenges into opportunities. You will be part of a durable, flexible, nimble, cross-functional team that thrives in a scrappy, fast-paced, agile, constantly evolving Product & Tech environment.
As a Project Manager, you will help define the WHEN and HOW of everything you develop with a focus on operational efficiency and business impact. You will collaborate with partners and create product development momentum. You will evangelize and over-communicate sprint, release and quarterly-based objectives. You will craft Timelines/Straw Men/RAG Status Reports, support SCRUM activities and help guide Tech/Design efforts. You will help the team make decisions, avoid distractions and stay focused on their goals.
About Your Role
- You will be an important individual contributor within our Product Operations vertical working alongside a diverse collection of Product and Project managers.
- You will understand the many constraints of our business (e.g. finance, legal, privacy, resourcing) and ensure your daily contributions are viable and add value.
- You will empower your colleagues across the aisle on Product, Design and Tech teams to develop usable and technically feasible products.
- You will support your Product peers by participating in strategic planning discussions and developing a deep appreciation for our process, frameworks and tools.
- You will partner closely with Engineering and Design Teams to ensure we deliver and ship on time.
- You will over-communicate any development and delivery risks with the broader Project and Product teams.
- You will own decisions around management of daily, weekly and bi-weekly AGILE activities (SUM, Retro and Grooming, to name a few).
- You will help manage testing and release activities in partnership with QA.
- You will serve as an Admin for our Project Tools (Confluence, Jira etc).
Project Manager Expectations
- You will guide the success of the products and services, supporting the cross-functional team that is responsible for implementing and continuously improving those products and services.
- You will evaluate and recommend process innovations and enhancements that drive business value and maximize the ROI for the team.
- You will partner with peer Product Managers, Architects, Engineers, Quality Assurance Leads, Customer Service Reps and Program Managers to identify, evaluate, and integrate 1st and 3rd party strategic technical solutions.
- You will identify clear business KPIs, set Quarterly Business Objectives and partner with financial planning teams to meet business and product goals.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- You can adapt to change quickly
- You like the idea of using measurable results to determine success or impact
- You’re comfortable managing your own self-esteem
- You understand basic negotiation skills
- You respect and value time (especially the time you request of others)
- You can toggle between “in the weeds” and “30k ft” POVs as needed
Project Manager Preferred Qualifications
- Undergrad degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of progressively complex, related industry experience working on Media/Entertainment Products as a Project Manager, Product
- Designer, Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Product Manager or User Researcher
- Able to learn and understand multiple areas of business including engineering, design, finance, marketing and operations
- Able to use sound judgement, asses risk and make an argument in narrative form
- Able to present complex technical information in a clear, concise manner to a variety of non-technical audiences
- Able to create and sustain healthy, constructive and collaborative professional relationships
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Please forward current resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate review.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed