Principal Cloud Engineer
Atlanta, GA preferred but will consider remote for right candidate
Contract to Perm or Direct Hire
USC and those authorized to work for any employer in the US encouraged to apply. Our client is unable to offer sponsorship at this time
Primarily looking for a candidate to own 2 areas – Cloud Platform and Performance Engineering for online site. Seeking experience in working on large scale cloud / platform engineering projects and experience in implementing Service Mesh or Container Orchestration solution for a large organization. Need experience in Performance Engineering for high traffic websites or web services.
What are the main skills technology wise?
Containers ( i.e Docker ) , Container Orchestration ( Kubernetes), Cloud ( i.e Google or AWS or Azure ), Service Mesh ( i.e ISTIO )
What will the day to day look like?
Focus on Cloud Native Design and Architecture for website to support 100’s of Microservices and experience teams in deploying and running their application at scale.
Provide consistent deployments, Traffic Management for the services supporting website
Provide consistent Observability, Improve Security and Developer experience.
- The Software Engineer Principal is responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, software development, and overall product lifecycle for a product that our users love. The engineering process is highly collaborative. In addition to pairing, Software Engineer Principals field questions from other product teams and encourage cross-team collaboration. They also play an active role working with 3rd party vendors as well as the open-source community.
- Software Engineer Principals create foundational code elements that can be reused as well as architectural diagrams and other product-related documentation. They also define service level objectives for products. In addition, Software Engineer Principals may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing as well as production monitoring.
- As a Software Engineer Principal, you will be an extremely knowledgeable Engineer on the product team and are expected to build and grow the skillsets of the more junior engineers. There is also an expectation that the Software Engineer Principal will demonstrate expertise around modern software design and development.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
70% – Delivery & Execution
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Writes custom code or scripts to do “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, or engineering empowerment
- Identifies product enhancements (client-facing or technical) to create a better experience for the end-users
- Identifies unsecured code areas and implements fixes as they are discovered with or without tooling
- Identifies, implements, and shares technical solutions that can be used across the organization
- Creates and architects foundational code elements that can be reused many times by a product
- Creates meaningful architecture diagrams and other documentation needed for security reviews or other interested parties
- Defines Service Level Objectives for product to constantly measure their reliability in production and help prioritize backlog work
- 20% – Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for products
- Works with vendors and the open-source community to help identify and implement feature enhancements in software products
- Works with other product teams to create API specifications and contracts for shared data
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
- Triages high priority issues and outages as they arise
- 10% – Learning:
- Participates in and leads learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Learns, through reading, tutorials, and videos, new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Attends conferences and learns how to apply new technologies where appropriate
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Mastery of an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java)
Must be legally permitted to work
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action-Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed