Position: Lead Automation Engineer
Location: Santa Monica, CA (Currently Remote)
Duration: 6 Month Contract (High likelihood of conversion)
Our client in Santa Monica is looking for a Lead Automation Engineer to join a vibrant team ready for action! The right person for the job will be someone that is a great team player and can work well with others, but ALSO values autonomy and can drive initiatives forward at times without daily instruction.
What will you be doing as a Lead Automation Engineer?
- Leader of automation testing efforts across multiple interrelated projects/ systems/ applications and/or for a business unit. Serves as a technical resource to other IT QA/test professionals, mentoring less-experienced staff with responsibility for their technical development.
- Seasoned Automation QA professional responsible for the development and support of automation applications.
- Responsible for applying expertise in tools and methodologies to develop the requirements, procedures and guidelines for the automation testing efforts of all technical applications and systems prior to deployment to ensure they are performing according to specifications and free of errors.
- This includes defining the automation test plan and strategy, testing environment, scenarios, creating/modifying scripts and data required, executing tests, and reporting on findings.
- Positions in this function are also responsible for organizing the resources necessary to prepare and execute tests and reporting back to the development team on issues to be addressed as required.
- This may include automation of testing processes, and the identification and management of testing tools and standards.
• Hands on engineer with proficiency to code in order to automate tests for the full solution stack (UI, API, Web Service, Database)
• Can develop and maintain test automation frameworks for web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications and REST API
• Must be familiar with POM (Page Object Model) design pattern in conjunction with Selenium WebDriver
• Must be familiar with mobile test automation frameworks using either Detox, Appium, Espresso, or XCUITest
• Thorough understanding of all the stages of SDLC (software development life cycle) as well as a good understanding of branching models such as Gitflow
• Familiar with RDMS (relational database management systems) and constructing basic SQL queries
• Experience with performance testing using tools such as JMeter
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Travis CI, CircleCI, or Github Actions
• Ability to participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in test automation roles
• 3 years of experience in Senior Automation Role
• Experience working with test automation and CI/CD pipelines
• Comfortable building and maintaining test frameworks from the ground up for web or mobile app
• Experience with at least one scripting or OOP language
• Experience with bug / issues tracking tools such as JIRA
• Experience in direct collaboration with UX, Product and Development teams
• Effective communication skills
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed