PostgreSQL DBA II
Direct Hire | Alpharetta, GA
Synergis’ client, a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector, has engaged us in a search for a PostgreSQL DBA II to join their growing team! DBA will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing new technologies, as required, to support the technical capabilities of our client. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, both with team members and business contacts. In addition, the successful Database Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
PostgreSQL DBA II Background and Scope
- Manage R&D / OT Postgres Databases
- Upgrade of Postgres 9.5 to 12
- Provide R&D Next Generation Expert Support / Design on Postgres
- Manage security patching / auditing of Postgres databases
- Develop new or maintain existing databases based on specifications
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Implement data models and database designs into physical databases.
- Manage security of database structures and corporate data held within databases
- Develop database procedures, triggers, and SQL scripts in coordination with development teams.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution
PostgreSQL DBA II Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field
- 2 to 5+ years of experience as a Database Administrator
- 3+ years of recent experience with PostgreSQL
- 4+ years of experience working in or with Information Technology
- PostgreSQL Certified DBA
- Scripting skills (preferably bash/python)
- SQL Skills
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and 10-panel drug screen
- Local Atlanta based candidates STRONGLY preferred (relocation reimbursement not offered)
About Our Client
Our client is the leading, global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, they deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in smart metering, grid edge intelligence and smart infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.8 billion, our client employs approximately 6,000 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed