Bilingual Payroll Administrator (English and Spanish)
Orlando, FL ideally or remote
We are currently hiring a Payroll Administrator for our client’s Employee Service Center located in Maitland, Florida. The Employee Service Center (ESC) provides the following services: HR, Leave of Absence, Call Center, and Payroll administration. Our Payroll Administrators work as part of a dedicated payroll team serving approximately 33,000 employees in the United States. Our HR function and the ESC is currently participating in an exciting process, technology and services transformation. We are seeking payroll team members who are positive, flexible, subject matter experts who are excited to support our payroll function while enjoying the ongoing growth and transformation initiatives. Responsibilities include processing of payroll for multi-state locations including the planning, organizing, and processing of payrolls. This consists of the maintenance of payroll data for the daily processing and related entries within Kronos Time, PeopleSoft HR/Payroll, and ServiceNow systems. Serves as a subject matter expert to ensure all payroll transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with company guidelines and procedures. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for aiding employees and management regarding complex payroll questions showing a high-level of support and exceptional customer service.
Candidate needs to be bilingual (Spanish). Can sit anywhere in the country but, in order to convert (if asked), they'd need to sit in Orlando.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in high volume payroll processing for a medium to large workforce (at least 8,000 employees both corporate and hourly/production/manufacturing).
• Strong knowledge of federal/state wage and hour laws, including taxes and garnishments. Multi-state payroll experience preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Superior customer service, collaboration, time management and organizational skills necessary.
• PeopleSoft, Kronos or a similar payroll system is required and Microsoft Office 2010, including strong MS Excel is essential.
• Completed or in progress CPP or other payroll certification highly desirable
• Functions as a Tier II specialist function in support of the ESC Payroll team.
• Supports escalated calls and tickets from the ESC Generalist and strives to provide a final resolution within targeted service level agreement (SLA).
• Serves as an advocate for ESC customer service initiatives within team and external customers.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate processing of internal policies relating to Cox pay programs, union contracts, Rapid Data Entry (RDE) and/or Transload files to process bonus/commission payments, third party sick pay, reversals/voids, prizes/awards, fringe benefits and changes in policy and/or contract language as they pertain to the payroll function.
• Is responsible for tier II escalations that require research and resolution and may partner with management for assistance.
• Audits payroll work and ensure payroll processing checklist is followed to help mitigate payroll processing errors.
• Will review weekly and bi-weekly payroll reconciliations and will validate RDE batches.
• Performs for corrections for various payroll and time related items in KRONOS and PeopleSoft Systems.
• Balances and audits KRONOS and payroll batch data to ensure appropriate processing.
• Validates tax location code for new hires and transfers and regularly audits this in support of payroll processing.
• Ensures payroll processing compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
• Calculates mid pay period transfer and retro pay.
• Calculates & creates earnings ensuring compliance with state and federal laws
• Ensures that accrued and unused PTO is paid out upon separation per company policy.
• Handles STD payment and 3rd party off sets.
• Prepares off-cycle payroll checks and special payrolls for locations.
• Responsible for payroll recordkeeping ensuring appropriate approvals, controls, and compliance with state and Federal laws and company recordkeeping guidelines.
• Keep customers informed on the status of research and resolution, closes ticket when complete.
• Responsible for securing, safeguarding and keeping confidential employee information as required by our, “Personally Identifiable Information Security Policy” and all other company data privacy requirements.
• Position supports 4 time zones. Must adhere to scheduled phone time during shift and remain flexible to support unanticipated events that drive volume. Flexibility is required to support peak volume events throughout the year.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
• High School Diploma or equivalent required – College Degree highly desirable
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed