Atlanta, GA (will provide relocation assistance)
Excellent compensation including bonus, approximately 15% of salary for retirement, PTO, medical, etc.
Provides leadership and tactical direction for Security Operations Center (SOC) and Network Operations Center (NOC) functions. Serves as technical expert on SOC and NOC matters including items related to network operations generally and provides input to Executive Management on the overall strategic direction. This position is directly accountable for the timely completion of high quality products and services in addition to budget management, performance management, personnel development, resource utilization, technical directions, and team dynamics. Responsible for overall corporate compliance with all NERC CIP standards. Ensures staff compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, industry standards, corporate policies, guidelines and procedures, including but not limited to, RUS, OSHA, NERC, FERC and ITS requirements. Promotes an environment of compliance and continuous improvement to meet the Corporation’s goals and objectives. Develops and maintains a highly qualified and motivated workforce that supports the corporate mission, goals, and objectives.
- Manages the Security & Network Operations Center department in support of the Corporation's mission, goals, and objectives, including policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, and tactical planning initiatives to ensure benefits to Members. The areas encompassed include, but are not limited to, the development and implementation of the annual work plan, capital improvement projects, and NERC CIP compliance evidence to ensure high quality, compliant, and reliable systems to support the operations of the system and energy control centers.
- Represents the Corporation's interests in SOC and NOC issues both internal and external to the Corporation, including issues and negotiations involving FOC functional departments, Members, Integrated Transmission System (ITS) Participants, regulatory agencies (FERC, NERC, SERC), contractors, vendors, and other utilities.
- Creates, implements, and maintains an environment of compliance and continuous improvement.
- Selects, develops, and manages highly qualified and motivated associates. Ensures all necessary performance evaluations, coaching, training, development support, associate relations, and conflict resolution work are done in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Establishes overall work direction and review of work products. Directs the quality and timeliness of work products. Develops goals and milestones for the Security & Network Operations Center department.
- Provides strategic and regulatory support and assistance to Executive Management as requested.
- Provides leadership and support during activation of Conservative Operations, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and the Security Incident Response and Recovery Plans.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field (or equivalent experience)
Experience: Ten years in the areas of network engineering, network operations, system architecture, cyber security, information security, physical security, industrial control systems, information technology, networking, telecommunications, or related technology areas, with at least two years in the electricity sector.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field with at least 14 years of experience in the areas of network engineering, network operations, system architecture, cyber security, physical security, information security, industrial control systems, information technology, networking, telecommunications in addition to at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Eighteen (18) years of direct experience in at least two (2) of the following areas: network engineer, network operations, system architecture, cyber security, physical security, industrial control systems, and information technology in addition to at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: Professional Engineering License is a plus.
Specialized Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent organization and time management skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by the work.
Unusual Hours Required: Provide emergency coverage for operational issues but currently 8-5 role)
For immediate consideration please contact Denise Wicks at contact button below or call 770-346-7205.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed