Title: Software Developer (Logistics)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 12+ months
Our client is searching for a strong Logistics Software Developer for a 12+ month contract. This Logistics team relies on a variety of in-house built applications and BI solutions for all aspects of its operations. This role requires a combination of business acumen and technical skills to execute on a portfolio of projects surrounding application/tool development and code maintenance. You will use your developer skill set to build the infrastructure to design, develop and maintain business applications solutions for all of Google Logistics. You will help design and build Google Logistics’ next generation of execution tools.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Play an end-to-end role in developing execution tools by gathering user requirements, understanding data models and table structures, and coding the applications in a fast paced iteration driven environment.
- Improve code quality through regular code maintenance / tech-debt cleanup. This includes supporting existing tools whenever a bug arises, etc.
- Documentation of the codebase, implementing best practices, etc.
- Design, development and operational support of business intelligence data warehousing solutions, reporting/KPI solutions, etc..
- BS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in a similar software development role
- Experience developing/programming end-to-end applications from the ground up – from user interface design, to database structures, to application code
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and reporting; experience with Tableau and/or other BI tools
- Enterprise data warehousing and executive dashboard design experience
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Strong design and development skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal communication
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Familiar with Google Apps (Drive, Sheets, Slides, etc) and cloud technologies (BigQuery, Cloud Storage, App Engine)
- Industry experience, knowledge in Supply Chain and Logistics
- Familiar with Agile Methodology
- Experience with Node.js, Angular
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed