JOB TITLE: Lead Platform Engineer – EBS
Location: Atlanta, GA (100% remote)
Duration: 6 + Month Contract (with extension or conversion)
The Operations Monitoring Platform Engineer is responsible for designing, building and supporting monitoring capabilities across the Oracle based Billing and Financial Systems suite of applications. The role will reside within the Operations Team and collaborate closely with DevOps delivery in the development of an integrated monitoring capability across OCI EBS infrastructure and applications.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Own and support the build, deployment, integration, support and alerting of monitoring capabilities across the Oracle EBS suite including OMC, OCI, Grafana, Splunk, New Relic
· Focus on building business monitoring capabilities (i.e. order management, payments, long running jobs, etc)
· Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for assigned areas
· Stay current on new technology and methodologies in area of expertise
· Proactively engage with vendors on product and support topics, issues and defects
· Collaborate with delivery teams in building a proactive monitoring approach within a DevOps model
· Participate in enterprise monitoring initiatives
· Champion best practices
· Provide on-call support as needed
· Provide monitoring thought leadership across all of the applications deployed on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure including the E-Business Application Suite, Oracle Business Intelligence and Oracle Web Center
· Track record of collaboration with and management of technical SMEs (subject matter experts).
· 3+ years’ experience writing and maintaining scripts in multiple languages.
· 3+ year experience with network/cloud concepts.
· 3+ years Oracle DB experience
· 3+ years’ experience using WebLogic
· 2-3 years OMC and OCI knowledge or equivalent experience with AWS, GCE or Azure.
· Knowledge of DevOps, Agile and SRE concepts, techniques and tools
· Knowledge of design patterns related to technical architecture
· Solid working knowledge of UNIX and LINUX platforms
· Advanced working knowledge of OMC (Oracle Management Cloud) or equivalent experience with Splunk or ELK stack
· Experience with performance analysis, optimization, debugging and monitoring
· Designs & develops automation when the opportunity arises
· Write SQL queries to troubleshoot application problems
· Advanced working knowledge of OMC (Oracle Management Cloud) and OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure)
· OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) metrics
· Splunk dashboard creation and support
· New Relic application monitoring experience
· Grafana Dashboard knowledge
If interested, please email Marisa Wahnschaff: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through our website.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed