Lead Network Engineer
Direct Hire | Alpharetta, GA
Synergis’ client, a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector, has engaged us in a search for a Lead Network Engineer to join their growing team! The network engineer will be responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of our client’s customer network infrastructure. The selected candidate will coordinate all projects and activities assigned to the Network Team; distributing assignments, updating status, and keeping key stakeholders informed as to progress. They provide support to the members of the network team and engage with architecting and implementing networking solutions in our customer environments. When necessary, they engage with external customers to provide advice and/or troubleshooting of solutions which enable our client’s customers to access hosted systems and services. He / She will also engage in proactive monitoring of the network infrastructure, identifying areas needing improvement and managing equipment lifecycle remediation
Lead Network Engineer Background and Scope
- Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional production networks
- Installing and configuring networking hardware
- Creating and implementing network security measures
- Managing and mentoring junior Network Engineering staff
- Conducting regular network performance tests
- Coordinating networking tasks with the network team
- Dealing with escalated network support issues
- Drawing up network status reports
- Configure, maintain, and document network elements for polling used for AMI meter reading
- Maintain and troubleshoot WAN / LAN – Dial-up, DoD, VPN, MPLS, SD-WAN connectivity
- Support RF field wireless devices and remote technical support
- Exemplary communication skills as this individual will be communicating with both internal and external customers.
Lead Network Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field preferred
- 7 to 10+ years’ experience in network engineering
- 7+ years of experience working with dynamic routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, IS-IS, RIP, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of networking standards, technologies, and related disciplines.
- Knowledgeable of Cisco equipment and its proper deployment in the enterprise.
- Experience with packet trace / sniffer analysis.
- Experience with network application performance analysis.
- Experience with configuration, design, and deployment of LAN / WAN / WLAN / SDWAN technologies.
- Experience with Cisco devices, specifically Cisco routers & switches and Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls.
- Familiarity with VOIP and Quality of Service.
- Experience with the design and implementation of WAN technologies and related security standards including MPLS L3VPN, and other applicable VPN technologies.
- Experience creating standards, and network documentation as well as processes and procedures in support of large enterprise networks.
- Experience designing, configuring and implementing remote access technologies and servers.
- Experience with load balancer and application delivery controllers from F5 Networks.
Lead Network Engineer Preferred
- CCNA or equivalent experience required
- CCNP preferred
- F5 certification preferred
- Any offer of employment will be contingent on the successful completion of a full background check and 10-panel drug screen
- Local Atlanta based candidates STRONGLY preferred (relocation reimbursement not offered)
About Our Client
Our client is the leading, global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios, they deliver innovative and flexible solutions to help utilities solve their complex challenges in smart metering, grid edge intelligence and smart infrastructure. With sales of USD 1.8 billion, our client employs approximately 6,000 people in over 30 countries across five continents, with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed