Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Remote/West Coast
Duration: Contract 2 Hire
Our client's mission is to help people achieve their goals and enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life. They view your personal development as critical to their success. As you grow, they grow.
Our client is a billion-dollar company and the leader of in-home fitness programs and nutritional products, is on the lookout for top-notch talent.
Why is the Technology Team important?
The technology team is leading the way for new opportunities in the digital realm. They provide applications from consumer-facing e-commerce, video streaming, and high traffic CRM for the Coach network to data platforms and core enterprise applications which are at the heart of their order processing and fulfillment engine.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for managing and maintaining our private and public cloud infrastructure. This person will assist their efforts to leave manual, labor intensive processes behind and reach the goal of automation and managing infrastructure as code. The DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of the company wide efforts to establish DevOps best practices and develop repeatable automation.
What you will be doing as a Lead DevOps Engineer?
● Work with stakeholders: Engineering, QA, and Security teams to plan initiatives and estimate level of effort
● Assist in planning sprints and major deliverables
● Keep abreast of new technologies and evaluate cost/benefit
● Coach members of the team on efficiency, best practices, and new technologies
● Assist with onboarding new members of the team
● Plan and execute the migration or implementation of all types of workloads to cloud providers such as AWS
● Configuration management using tools like Puppet and our proprietary systems
● Infrastructure as Code, primarily CloudFormation and Serverless with AWS
● Working with Travis CI, Harness, GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, and container orchestration tools
● Working closely with application developers to build out and support CI/CD pipelines and workflows
● Creatively solve complex problems simple solutions
● Scripting with languages such as Bash, Python, and Node.js
● Participate in an on-call escalation chain as well as off-hour maintenance and support
We'd love to chat if you have:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
● 5+ years of disciplined software engineering experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
● 3+ years of experience managing and maintaining large scale Linux and Serverless environments
● 2+ years of experience leading a team of engineers
● 2+ years working with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
● 2+ years of experience managing and supporting systems in AWS
● 2+ years of experience using version control systems such as Git and Subversion
● Experience working with developers in an Agile methodology environment
● Experience managing and working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Harness, Travis CI, Jenkins, CodeBuild, or CodeDeploy
● Strong experience using standard server software such as MySQL, Nginx, and Varnish
● Maintain a positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units
● Detail oriented, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity
● Communicate fluently, presenting complex information in a way that is easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
● Great team player!
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed