TITLE: Jira Administrator
ASSIGNMENT: 6+month contract (likely to extend/convert)
LOCATION: Remote – must be local to Herndon, VA
CLIENT INDUSTRY: Telecommunications/Healthcare
This position will work with several functional teams to plan, design, build and administer our company Atlassian Jira Cloud instance to support internal issue reporting, change requests and Agile software development.
Jira Administrator Responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate requirements gathering workshops to plan Jira workflows and configurations
- Interpret and translate business requirements into product configurations leveraging Atlassian best practices
- Configure and administer Jira Software, Jira Core and Jira Service Management plus related apps and third-party tools
- Design, implement and maintain custom workflows, global settings, users and groups, screens, dashboards, fields, permission schemes, post functions, etc., to serve as templates for Agile teams across the company
- Train users in use of Jira functions
- Coordinate and respond to support requests
- Manage and update software and licenses
- Administer application instances on a day-to-day basis by setting-up and supporting projects, roles, workflows, security, and plug-ins
- Optimize and improve process workflows and identify where functionality can be improved to meet user requirements.
- Maintain a healthy application environment by periodically reviewing and modifying configurations, permissions, workflows, dashboards, integrations, and logs.
- Support integrations to external systems by collaborating with the external stakeholders.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix issues related to Atlassian tools suite, application servers, and database servers.
- Apply a solid understanding of Agile principles when recommending project management methodologies (scrum, kanban, waterfall, etc).
- Provide recommendations to users and management on best practices and standardization in implementing projects and processes within Jira and the Atlassian suite.
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user-facing documentation and standard operating procedures, guides, and desk-aids to support usability and issue resolution.
Jira Administrator Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on relevant experience as JIRA configuration specialist, administrator and trainer
- Expert level skills in Jira and Confluence configuration and administration and Atlassian best practices
- Skilled in the construction of custom dashboards, Confluence pages and Jira project setup and integration
- Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator for Cloud
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC, DevOps and Agile software development methods.
Jira Administrator Preferred Qualifications:
- Additional Atlassian supported Plugins knowledge is a plus
- Proficient with Java, and scripting.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of production support via Service Desk and JIRA Software
- Expert skills in design and creation of Confluence spaces and pages
- Passion for continuous improvement with strong technical skills and ability to drive initiatives to automate manual process
- Understand and articulate scaled Agile hierarchy.
- Experience working in fast paced agile development environment
- Experience with lean management and scaled Agile methodology is a plus
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed